Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Teeth Whitening

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

I'm 17 and my teeth ain't as white as they should be as when I hit about 13/14 I got lazy as hell so I'm looking for a quick way to get them back up to scratch.

Just wanted to know whats the best away to go about it and hear from anyone who has had it done.

One Love.
FS

Comments

• Options
    polish at the dentists
  • Options
    Any cost involved?
  • Options
    Suppose with all the hoohah with the NHS I should feel lucky I got an appointment so soon.
  • Options
    I think if you are in full time education you don't have to pay although i might be wrong.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    I think if you are in full time education you don't have to pay although i might be wrong.

sometimes you have to pay some of the cost and the NHS pays the rest, I go to a private clinic and it's heavily subsidised but if I have a filling I still have to pay something like £10 (which is better than £40). when I say I, I mean my mum :p
  • Options
    I think you would have to pay a lot to get your teeth whitened, you wouldn't get it on the NHS because its cosmetic.

My auntie worked as a dentist assitant person (dunno what they're called) and she said it cost people from about £600 - £2000 to get it done, depending on which method. And usually it only makes teeth 1-2 shades lighter :confused:

Not 100% sure but I think that may be the case anyway. Let me know...
  • Options
    My dentist is a private one but I am willing to pay the going price, or my folks are. Any rough idea of the cost?
  • Options
    A lot :yes: Do a search on google, you should find a general idea.
  • Options
    My teeth are fine as they are, but good luck with the costs mate :)
  • Options
    Re: Teeth Whitening
    Originally posted by flyingscotsman
    Hey,

I'm 17 and my teeth ain't as white as they should be as when I hit about 13/14 I got lazy as hell so I'm looking for a quick way to get them back up to scratch.

Just wanted to know whats the best away to go about it and hear from anyone who has had it done.

One Love.
    FS
    Its £500 to have them whitened at the dentist, expensive but it gives you brilliant white teeth. However, you can buy kits and ive found the best one to be Marks and Spenser's own brand whitener. If you do it over the course of a few weeks they look very white, you need to keeo using it though but you notice a diference after just one go. Its £15.
  • Options
    Don't over scrub your teeth or you end up with white marks on them that are all patchy and look bad, check out most of the teenages on Home & Away they do it and looks horrid.

Best whiten toothpaste is:

Arm & Hammer Peroxicare Daily Fluoride Anti-Cavity Mint Toothpaste, Dental Baking Soda & Peroxide
  • Options
    Boots do a 'rapid white' whitening kit. I dunno how much it is coz my sister got me mine coz thats what I asked for. I have only used it once or twice but you're meant to use it for a week straight. My teeth are quite white anyway though so I just tend to use it when I feel the need. I just get paranoid about them sometimes.

Good luck. :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer

Arm & Hammer Peroxicare Daily Fluoride Anti-Cavity Mint Toothpaste, Dental Baking Soda & Peroxide

Do they taste discusting?
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer

Where can you get this from in the UK?