Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hair Removal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, found out about the site about two months ago but never got round to posting. Anyway cool site and great job to those who keep it up and running.

Right heres the deal, I'm 17 and I am quite hairy nothing bad but I don't like it I can deal with the hair on the legs and arms its the chest and face that get to me.

I hate having to shave every second day, one it takes too much time and I'm lazy but shaving too much leaves me with this annoying rash, isn't sore but gets to me all the same.

Also hate the hair on my chest, I used to shave it but that got annoying too having to do it all the time plus looked really stupid when it was growing back. Anyway more to the point...

I was reading the guide on hair and don't fancy waxing because its only temporary so is there any other option that will stop hair on my chest and face?

Any help much appreciated. Also if you can give rough costs of treatment that would be great.

One Love.
FS

Comments

• Options
    Wondered how long it would be till someone said that, I know they're meant to be and if it were a life of death situation I'd be quite content but in this day of choices I'd like to explore my options.
  • Options
    Should stop being so lazy huh.
  • Options
    hair removal creams last longer and waxing lasts even longer... usually around 6-8 weeks I'v found out. Also if it's really a bother to you theres a few different types of laser hair removal that supposidly removes the hair permanatly by damaging the folucles or something along those lines. Its not overly expensive and you u sually need a few treatments of it.
  • Options
    Any idea on how much this cream stuff costs and the electric hoohah too?
  • Options
    well I'm not sure of the exchange rate or whatever, but I just bought a bottle of cream and it cost me $6 for a 7oz bottle. All the other ones they had were right around that price. But with creams you have to make sure you throughly follow the directions and time limits or you will burn your skin and that stings and hurts like a bith. The home waxing things ranged from around $8-$20 and there always is getting waxed at a salon, but if its something that doesn't need precision such as eyebrows then doing it yourself is much cheaper and easier. I think I remember reading that the cost of laser treatment is around $500 a session. There is also electrolosis that I forgot, but that is usually over 1k per treatment.
  • Options
    Cream or waxing it is then, thanks for your help. I played hockey in Minnesota for a while, nice place. St Paul anyway.
  • Options
    so do you just want to be hair free or less hairy?
  • Options
    Don't want any hair on my chest and I want to be free of having to shave my fave daily.
  • Options
    well...it's a man thing i'm afraid. either grow a beard or shave. :yes: