Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bar clothes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so im going out for the 1st time since being 18 on Friday. Now my friend seems to think that jeans are not acceptable in these places. (Such as Yates, Chicagos etc) They are nice jeans though, almost new. But just wondering if these places have a dress code of any sort. I would be wearing a shirt and black shoes with them.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Chicagos dont let you wear jeans or trainers at the weekends, but they are more relaxed during the week I think.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    Chicagos dont let you wear jeans or trainers at the weekends, but they are more relaxed during the week I think.

Going out Friday. I know im wearing black shoes. (Hell i paid £75 for them for my leavers ball i need to use them) Im going to go out and buy a pair of smart casual trousers in the week now though :)
  • Options
    A lot of places will just bring it up and an excuse if they don't like the look of you in general.

I can't remember about Yates... it's so long since I've been on a night out!
  • Options
    chicagos in wolves (there isnt one here) were always strict about dress codes in the week too no jeans sports clothes ect and yates in wolves were always more or less the same but up here yates are alright with jeans infact more or less everywhere is as jeans are fashion now if your not sure id wear trousers just to be sure though
  • Options
    Have a good night! :p
  • Options
    Here's a suggestion...

go somewhere nicer, then you can wear your jeans and not have an evening of hell

;):p
  • Options
    Well you can wear nice trousers this time, then when you get there have a look around and see if anyone else is wearing jeans. If they are, then you know its okay for you to wear jeans next time :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by almost_innocent
    Well you can wear nice trousers this time, then when you get there have a look around and see if anyone else is wearing jeans. If they are, then you know its okay for you to wear jeans next time :)

Indeed i need to buy a pair. Ive seen some I like in next too. Have a friend who can get me discount too :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Susie
    Here's a suggestion...

go somewhere nicer, then you can wear your jeans and not have an evening of hell

now youre talking!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Susie
    Here's a suggestion...

I can't. Aylesbury is a crap hole :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    but they make good ducks!
  • Options
    i have been out in both chicagos and yates in jeans at the weekend... never had any trouble before at all.

but then i dont look as dodgy as you :p
    (and i dont wear alot of make-up like you when i have been drinking! :D )
  • Options

God yeh!

Down here you can get into almost everywhere wearing jeans and trainers, especially pubs like Yates!
  • Options
    I always wear jeans when I go out. I think it is sad for places to have a dress code, you should be able to wear what you want where you want in my opinion.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    God yeh!

Down here you can get into almost everywhere wearing jeans and trainers, especially pubs like Yates!

Ok so now I am in the position where i don't *need* new trousers but *want* some :crazyeyes :(
  • Options
    I read through this whole thread then realised you were a bloke- yeah, the whole jeans thing is usually an excuse if they think you're too drunk or don't like the look of you. Unless they've got a sign with it on then it isn't official policy but you try telling that to a 7 feet tall, 20 stone skinhead! :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I read through this whole thread then realised you were a bloke- yeah, the whole jeans thing is usually an excuse if they think you're too drunk or don't like the look of you. Unless they've got a sign with it on then it isn't official policy but you try telling that to a 7 feet tall, 20 stone skinhead! :eek:

Yeah i noticed it was only girls who were replying :eek2:

I'll be safe rather than sorry though
  • Options
    The Yates's in my home town is pretty much just a pub now. It used to call itself 'Yates's Wine Bar' but I noticed that disappeared a while back and now I don't even think it pretends to be anything else.

But yes, any excuse to buy new clothes is fine by me.
  • Options
    First off, black shoes and jeans don't go :razz:

Should be able to get into Yates' no problem with jeans and trainers on. The only thing I'd adivse against is wearing sports trainers, as alot of places don't like sports gear (quite rightly :razz: ).

Though the majority of people who go to Yates' seem to be underagers, dressed up neds, and tragic 50 year old women who still think they're 20, so dress code isn't usually a problem.
  • Options
    There's nowhere better to go in Aylesbury than Yates' really. On my last day of school we ended up in a shitey pub. How I longed to be back in Milton Keynes.

Have fun though Renzo!
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonShiner
    There's nowhere better to go in Aylesbury than Yates' really.

Too right, I ended up spending my new years eve there the year before last :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo

Should be able to get into Yates' no problem with jeans and trainers on. The only thing I'd adivse against is wearing sports trainers, as alot of places don't like sports gear (quite rightly :razz: ).

Though the majority of people who go to Yates' seem to be underagers, dressed up neds, and tragic 50 year old women who still think they're 20, so dress code isn't usually a problem.

Yeah im planning on dressing Nice. Not in trainers or anyting. Going to get some decent trousers tomorrow tbh
  • Options

err, actually they do.
    I dont know where all you guys are from but in nottingham they no problem with letting people in wearing jeans.
    i dont even own a pair of trousers anymore, all i wear to go out is jeans (smart jeans admittedly [sonnetti, firetrap, duck & cover etc..])

outfit usually goes something like:

decent shirt [diesel, peterwerth etc..]
    smart jeans [as above]
    black shoes [any colour other than black or brown is just a no no nowdays]
  • Options
    Originally posted by icey
    err, actually they do.

No, they don't. Especially not dark jeans.
  • Options
    No, they don't. Especially not dark jeans.
    they look ok. I think brown shoes look better, but I dont think black looks bad. You are under the illusion that what you like, should be the same for everyone, and if you dont like it, then its not in fashion. Mr Ego.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    they look ok. I think brown shoes look better, but I dont think black looks bad. You are under the illusion that what you like, should be the same for everyone, and if you dont like it, then its not in fashion. Mr Ego.

Ehh... no I'm not. It's like, fact. The same way as most people know black doesn't go with navy.
  • Options
    Ehh... no I'm not. It's like, fact. The same way as most people know black doesn't go with navy.

Ok Kiezo how about Grey Trousers (hopefully i will have soon) and black ankle boots (i need to wear them...they cost £75:eek2: )
  • Options

Thats fair enough if all jeans were navy...
    most of my jeans are fairly light coloured (sandblasted, faded)
  • Options
    The same way as most people know black doesn't go with navy.

fashion rules were made to be broken. but black definitely goes with jeans.

unless you mean those solid navy coloured jeans, which don't go, but to be honest, if you're wearing those you have more to worry about from a fashion viewpoint than whether or not your shoes match.
  • Options
    Ok Kiezo how about Grey Trousers (hopefully i will have soon) and black ankle boots (i need to wear them...they cost £75:eek2: )

They'd go, yeah.
    Originally posted by icey
    Thats fair enough if all jeans were navy...
    most of my jeans are fairly light coloured (sandblasted, faded)

I never said if the jeans were navy. I was giving another example of stuff that doesn't go together, regardless of peoples' opinions on fasion.
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    fashion rules were made to be broken.

True, but some colours just don't match, regardless of fashion.
    unless you mean those solid navy coloured jeans, which don't go, but to be honest, if you're wearing those you have more to worry about from a fashion viewpoint than whether or not your shoes match.

I was basing it on Renzo's past threads in this forum tbh. The ones sking what shops sell plain, dark blue jeans 'cause he didn't like faded/sandblasted/whatever ones.