Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hair problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am going out on Friday for the night straight after college, I have to change in the loos first but anyway. My problem is that I am scared that my hair will go greasy before the night has ended. Does anyone know how I could prevent this?

Comments

• Options
    if you wash your hair in the morning before college then i dont see why it would
    an easy thing to do with long hair is to dampen it and then put it in a french plait, leave it half an hour and then let it out and put serum on!
  • Options
    I wash it in the morning but it gets greasy really quickly.
  • Options
    yeah my hair goes greasy really quickly too, but I find if I tie it up it goes greasy less quickly... so maybe you could tie it up throughout the day at college and take it down before you go out? or something...
  • Options
    I hate tieing my hair up.
  • Options
    oh ok.... well I'll keep on thinking.... :)
  • Options
    My hair get's greasy easily, but not by the end of the day! Might a different shampoo help?
  • Options
    Nah doesn't really make a difference :(
  • Options
    well i find head and shoulders for classic clean/greasy hair is quite good for just a one day wash. thing is the next day it doesn't look too good! there'll be a shampoo out there for you, it's just finding it. do you drink plenty of water and what not?
  • Options
    Yeah I drink water throughout the day.
  • Options
    what shampoo do you use? if you don't mind me asking?

i've seen products you can get to put on your hair, like a powder but i can't imagine it working.
  • Options
    Sunsilk for greasy hair.
  • Options
    see, this is where i've had problems. i find that shampoo's designed for greasy hair make it worse. i don't know why. but the head and shoulders one works a treat...for a day anyway!
  • Options
    Really? I wash my hair bout 5.45 in the morning will it last all night?
  • Options
    It depends on you, everyone finds different shampoo's work better on their hair than others. Do you find that you're constantly playing with/touching your hair? 'Cause that doesn't help. Also using conditioner doesn't tend to be a good idea...though using it at the ends is good for your hair.
  • Options
    Do you use conditioner? it doesnt sound like you need it really but if you do use it then you should only condition the very ends of the hair.
  • Options
    yeah I do play with my hair and I know it doesnt help but I do it when I nervouse or bored or whatever.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Scorpion
    Do you use conditioner? it doesnt sound like you need it really but if you do use it then you should only condition the very ends of the hair.

I just said that. :(

Playing with your hair won't help, try leaving it alone. Sometimes if my hair looks a bit limp, I put some curls in it to give it some lift and it really works. It works for me anyway. What's your hair like...i.e. straight/curly.
  • Options
    I have straight but fine hair which is annoying becuase it goes flat really quickly too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    I have straigh but fine hair which is annoying becuase it goes flat really quickly too.

me too, though it doesn't go flat. i have thick hair, which is fine at the same time. have any hairdressers ever recommended any products to you?
  • Options
    i agree with whoever else said it head and shoulders is really good for greasy hair, and maye you should not play with your hair the day your going out!
    oh also u can buy that dry shampoo stuff which u springle in and it soaks up greese and then u brush it out, never used it before though
  • Options
    yeah that dry shampoo is called batiste, and I hae used it before, but not for years. you just spray it, leave it a minute or so, and then brush it out THOROUGHLY. It takes a while to brush it out, but it did work ok (if i remember rightly) It was a bit of a faff though, but im planning to get some to take to reading festival with me, because I dont think i could go from thursday to sunday without washing it at all.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2

oh also u can buy that dry shampoo stuff which u springle in and it soaks up greese and then u brush it out, never used it before though

You can even use talc to do the same thing in an emergency. But you have to brush it out well or you end up looking a bit dusty.

I dunno.... in a greasy hair emergency I just tie it up and wash and dry my fringe. It's surprising how much difference that makes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    im planning to get some to take to reading festival with me, because I dont think i could go from thursday to sunday without washing it at all.

Take a hat. :thumb: