Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mother dearest

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We're on suspended timetable for study leave sorta thing with AS exams over the next few weeks. Bide letting me just get on with some revision, my mother thinks its the perfect opportunity to get me to do every DIY job that my dad won't do...everytime I say 'Mum I must revise' she replies 'You're at college, you do sod all as it is, it's not like you ever sit down and properly work anyway' or gult trips me with 'Oh any excuse to not help your mother'. How do I get the point across that revision is CRUCIAL and that I can use it as time to just help her with everything. She never went to school, she was the bad apple who was constantly on suspension and she has nothing to her name education wise, but she's all up for me going onto uni in 2 years...!!! Godammit!!
Malt xx

Comments

• Options
    Tell her that if you fail your exams then you will never get a job that pays enough to allow you to move out in the near future and you can do all the odd jobs for her when you are fifty and still living at home. The threat of never leaving worked wonders with my Mum :D
  • Options
    Just do a half-arsed job and preferably blow something up/ kill the cat in the process and then she'll think twice about asking you to do a job. Worked for me and the dishes ;):D
  • Options
    hey
    i suggest that you speak to another member of your family, say your mum's mum. they'll be able to relate more. If this doesnt work the only other thing i can think of is to revise at your local library or summat! Your mum sounds like she's being very unfair!! good luck! :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    Just do a half-arsed job and preferably blow something up/ kill the cat in the process and then she'll think twice about asking you to do a job. Worked for me and the dishes ;):D

We KNOW you do this btw.

I suggest - barricade yourself in your room and revise wearing headphones so you can`t hear her banging the door/ moaning.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    We KNOW you do this btw.

:D hee hee
  • Options
    Have you got a reputation for doing very little usually in terms of work? Because my brother hasn't done any work whatsoever for his AS levels and even now he won't do any revision. But if your mum is used to nagging you to do some work or you've shown yourself to be a lazy bugger academic wise then she probably figured you would be all up for helping her out.