Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

chance of pregnancy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Quick question.... my ex/gf/fuckbuddy or whatever she is at the moment has been sleeping with me without protection this week... she claims she isn't fertile at the moment.

What are the chances of her getting knocked up? it worries me a bit. :eek2:

Oh, and yes, I know all about the STD risks.

Comments

• Options
    Erm, what does she mean by "not fertile"? If she means she's just on her period, then there's still a chance of getting pregnant as sperm can live for a few days.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Erm, what does she mean by "not fertile"? If she means she's just on her period, then there's still a chance of getting pregnant as sperm can live for a few days.

And eggs can be released at weird times.
  • Options
    Ah dear, there is 'always' a chance of pregnancy if you don't use protection. Especially amongst us young 'uns, since our cycles often don't even out for a good few years... Use protection next time!
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya,
    They're right - it's never safe to have unprotected sex if you wish to avoid pregnancy. Find out more here.

CB
  • Options
    Hmm that's what I thought.

Last thing I want to do is knock up my ex gf. :eek2:
  • Options
    Use a condom then. :yes:
  • Options
    *blank*
  • Options
    Won't really be better :P

Feels better without them.

Last time I used them with her we went through 3 of the bloody things. So much better without them.

She is getting the implant soon anyway, so I guess I can behave myself intil them.
  • Options
    What's better - having to use a condom or having to deal with an unwanted pregnancy or STI? Sorry to be harsh, but if you carry on so arrogantly, that's how it will end up.
    Wise up - you say you know about the risks of STIs, and yet you're having unprotected sex in an uncommitted relationship... please, think about it and be safe. It really isn't that much of a deal to use condoms.
    You should read the following info to learn a bit more, also consider visiting a GUM clinic to get yourself tested.
    OK, lecture over.
    A trip to the clinic
    STI info
  • Options
    and if she's having unprotected sex with you, how many other people has she had unprotected sex with?
  • Options
    Originally posted by spanner
    What's better - having to use a condom or having to deal with an unwanted pregnancy or STI?

Wise up - you say you know about the risks of STIs, and yet you're having unprotected sex in an uncommitted relationship...

You should read the following info to learn a bit more, also consider visiting a GUM clinic to get yourself tested.
    OK, lecture over.

I know about the risk of STIs, and I was tested recently. She didn't sleep with me unprotected until we'd been sleeping together for 4 months (been sleeping with her for 10 months now... time flies!). I'm pretty sure she isn't sleeping with anyone else, and if I find out she is, then that's the end of things.

With the pregnancy risk... yes I know the potential consequences of my actions, and I am prepared to accept responsibility for my actions if required.

thanks for being concerned :)
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure she isn't sleeping with anyone else, and if I find out she is, then that's the end of things.

Sounds a bit like a relationship type situation to me! ;)
  • Options
    Yeah, it's kinda messed up.

We're not officially in a relationship (been there, done that.. she cheated on me, and that was that).

I'd love to get back with her for the long term, but it's pointless if there is no trust.
  • Options
    Originally posted by goose

We're not officially in a relationship (been there, done that.. she cheated on me)

Then how do you know shes def not sleeping with anyone else? sorry just you said that before and now you say she cheated on you, so why would she not be sleeping with other people?
  • Options
    Yeah, i agree with Tink, if she cheated on you when you were together, isn't it more likely that she'd be cheating on you now??

And I think knowing that you'd be ok if something hapened is not the same as being responsible and prepared for it. I'm sure if I got pregnant now, I'd be fine, but I certainly don't want to be, because I know I could be so much more prepared for it. It's irresponsible to risk (as in avoidable risk) bringing a child into the world without thinking about it long term... babies grow into children and then moody teenagers who need counselling because it's parents were just having a quick shag and never wanted it the first place anyway. I'm not saying that everyone who has kid has to be married etc, I'm just saying I think kids have a far better chance of not being messed up later if they're brought up in an environment where there is a stable relationship role model and they feel secure and wanted. Sorry, didn't mean to rant there :p