Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

MSN blocking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is there a maximum number of peoplr you can block on MSN? If so, what?

I ask because I think my ex boyfriend is fucking with my head, he's just unblocked me after 3 months of ignoring me, yet he hasn't readded me, and I sincerely doubt he could have reached the maximum number of people you can block.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No there is no maximum. I know someone who has ninety-six people blocked and five who aren't. Or so he says.
    I have 81 people blocked and deleted coz I never talk to them. 23 who arent. :thumb:
    I think the only time you have to readd someone is if you've blocked them and then deleted them from your list.
    i have 220 people blocked, thats years 8, 9 and 10 at ISOM, most of year 9 from hewett high all my exs and loads of other pratts. i did to get an new hotmail addy me think's.......any ideas ???
    Originally posted by Songbird
    I think the only time you have to readd someone is if you've blocked them and then deleted them from your list.

Nah, u can unblock without readding. Not sure if he readded then deleted me, or just didn't readd me. Either way he's successfully driving me mad. But I'm not gonna talk to him first anyway. Cheers y'all, I didn't think there would be a limit.
    if you block someone and delete them from your list, you can then unblock them and readd them without having that little sign come up saying "suchaperson wants to add you toy our list". so effectively it looks like you've just come online.
    You can clear everyone on your block list at once as well, it's in the general options, under privacy or something. Maybe he decided to unblock everyone (put them on his allow list)?
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    I have 81 people blocked and deleted coz I never talk to them. 23 who arent. :thumb:

Which am i in?
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Which am i in?

Well, you see where it says I am online, that kinda means you aint blocked.
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    Well, you see where it says I am online, that kinda means you aint blocked.
    I meant the deleted bit :p.
    The limit's 250.
    I have zero persons blocked. Mainly because I don't add cunts to my contact list.
    Give that man a shiney prize! (That man being Capacity)
    why in the world would you ahve that many people on msn anyways? surly people dont actually know 200+ people...
    Originally posted by Capacity
    I have zero persons blocked. Mainly because I don't add cunts to my contact list.

:yes: yessy.

god some of you people have a hell of a lot of msn contacts :eek:
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    Give that man a shiney prize! (That man being Capacity)

If you were any more original, you would have g0g0g0'd to eBaums world and fetched a poorly made but amusing image.
    Originally posted by Capacity
    If you were any more original, you would have g0g0g0'd to eBaums world and fetched a poorly made but amusing image.

positive4.jpg
    Originally posted by luby
    i have 220 people blocked, thats years 8, 9 and 10 at ISOM, most of year 9 from hewett high all my exs and loads of other pratts. i did to get an new hotmail addy me think's.......any ideas ???

How the hell do you fit 220 people on your chat list? Mine won't let me add more than 150... its blooming irritating.

I generally don't block people... its rude. If you don't want them don't add them. If you're busy, put busy on.
    Originally posted by Rocks
    How the hell do you fit 220 people on your chat list? Mine won't let me add more than 150... its blooming irritating.

I generally don't block people... its rude. If you don't want them don't add them. If you're busy, put busy on.

I tried that, put busy as my status yet i ended up with 4 chat windows or more on my screen with people saying hello etc, some ppl just dont take the hint !
    Originally posted by Richeh
    I tried that, put busy as my status yet i ended up with 4 chat windows or more on my screen with people saying hello etc, some ppl just dont take the hint !

Yus this annoys the yell outta me. i mean away isnt so bad but when it say BUSY...:mad: .
    Just ranting about a particular lady sorry lol.
    how can u tell someone is blocking you? I got some block detect program, but it doesn't work anymore :(
    Originally posted by Joolyknockers
    how can u tell someone is blocking you? I got some block detect program, but it doesn't work anymore :(

There used to be a link on Mess.be to a site that told you if someone was on or offline, that's how I found out this guy was blocking me, but it's not working any more I don't think.
    Originally posted by dominatrix
    There used to be a link on Mess.be to a site that told you if someone was on or offline, that's how I found out this guy was blocking me, but it's not working any more I don't think.

Yeah, that blockchecker doesn't work anymore! The program I got only tells u if you have been deleted off someones list, but then u can work that out without downloading any programs anyhow.
    Is there some way of making msn stop signing me in when my bro clicks on msn-he only recently got it but it stills keeps autosigning me in so everyone on my list thinks I'm being a total bitch and ignoring them!
    Sign out of msn, then click on 'sign in' again, and untick the box that says something about remembering your password.

There's an option inside the main option menu that has something about automatically signing in when you connect to the internet too, untick that if it's ticked :)
    i blocked my first person today :hyper: but i'll probably unblock them later... and seriously nobody answered how or why the hell anybody would have 200some people on msn... fuck, more than 50 is psychotic. I have 15 and I thought that was excissive.
    Originally posted by my_name
    i blocked my first person today :hyper: but i'll probably unblock them later... and seriously nobody answered how or why the hell anybody would have 200some people on msn... fuck, more than 50 is psychotic. I have 15 and I thought that was excissive.

I have about 100 unblocked people. Some people I have spoken to once or twice ever, but you never know when you will need to talk to someone.
    I have exactly 4 contacts on msn. :blush:
    Originally posted by my_name
    ... and seriously nobody answered how or why the hell anybody would have 200some people on msn... fuck, more than 50 is psychotic. I have 15 and I thought that was excissive.

seconded. As I said before I'm like :eek: at the amount of contacts some of you have. Maybe I'm more choosy about these things but I don't just add any old people.
    My ex currently has me on block. I know because he forgot to block my old email address but has deleted it from his list - so I can log into my old email account and see him online but when I am signed in using my new email account he isn't there. I plan to confront him about it on Thursday as we're supposed to be trying to be 'best friends'. Ah people. :)