Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

STD's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi
i know this may sound like a silly question but can you only catch all the STD's mentioned the sexual health page through sex?If my boyfriend was a virgin before he went out wiv me that means he hasnt got one and cant catch one doesnt it? STD's cant just develop naturally can they?

please help im very confused about infections and things.

warped!

Since i was born i started to decay. Nuthin ever ever goes my way.

Comments

• Options
    Wrong answer. Louses can actually be caught on a toilet seat in a public place facility, or in a hotel bed. That is partly why it is recommended when using public facilities to cover the seat with toilet paper before sitting on it.

Furthermore as to other STD's, genital and oral herpes (types I and II) can be transmitted by oral sex or mere saliva contact. Studies are being made to determine whether swallowed semen or even pre-semen could transmit the HIV virus (which causes AIDS). But I think they already proven that it did...

~There are three types of people in this world : those who can count, and those who can't.~

• Options
    Originally posted by Frankie Loves Maria:
    Wrong answer.

Actually, it was a question, which is what this place is all about. And it wasn't a wrong question.

Hi Warped

OK, you're feeling a bit confused. If you go into the sexual health section, each individual STI page should tell you how each disease can be passed on, so it may help if you just check the small print: http://www.thesite.org/sex/sexual_health/

STIs are either viruses, bacteria or lice. They can't just 'develop' in you, a person has to be infected. A virgin can be infected with HIV or Hepatitis B or C if they have been injecting drugs with dirty needles, but may then pass it on to someone else later through unprotected sex, for example.

If you're still confused, call Brook Advisory for a confidential chat. Better safe than sorry. http://www.thesite.org/sex/national_helplines.html

• Options
    I apologize a lot. Sorry girls...

~There are three types of people in this world : those who can count, and those who can't.~