Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why is racism seen to be so bad?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    To me discrimation against disabled person is 10x worse than racism, it is plain evil.

And why is that?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    but I'll defend that racism has a different meaning today.

Go on then - defend it.........................Would LOVE to hear your defence!!
  • Options
    *DEVIL*
    To me discrimation against disabled person is 10x worse than racism, it is plain evil.

I'd go along with that, a disabled person is wholly dependent on the largesse of society and will not be able to make headway

Ugandan Asians came with litle funds, much prejudice but made much headway
  • Options

You know it's brilliant to see an Asian/Black person supporting England, makes me feel proud of the cultures we have because at least we unite under the same country.

But why should it surprise you or please you any more than seeing a white person doing the same...A black English man supporting an English team...big WOW....who are you expecting them to support......?

And Lukesh - it's not that you are a liar, its that you cannot back up any of your little freeform thoughts with anything other than racist views. People disagree with you and in general they post more thoughtout, factual and reasoned argument to back up their views.
  • Options

It's all about intergration, they shoudl support their country they live in. Even them who were born here don't give a too hoots about England.

They should support who the fuck they want to. You, or anyone else for that matter, can't tell them who to support.
  • Options
    well then if someone moans that English culture is being lost and give rise in BNP support don't go falbbing about racism.

How can an immigrant who doesn't support England make the BNP more popular?
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    How can an immigrant who doesn't support England make the BNP more popular?

just ignore the nonsensical comments....

stopping discrimination is one thing i support, but enforcing it to right wrongs just causes resentment
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    just ignore the nonsensical comments....

That's the thing though, it really doesn't make sense. Like, seriously none at all. I'll give it to you lukesh, it must be hard coming out with comments like that.
  • Options
    I'm not talking about them, stop twisting it.

Who are you talking about then?
  • Options
    well then if someone moans that English culture is being lost and give rise in BNP support don't go falbbing about racism.

This is what Rise and Shine is referring to as you seem to be denying it's existence.
  • Options
    Why is a white English person supporting Spain in the World Cup OK but a black English person supporting, oh I don't know, Jamaica a bad thing?
  • Options
    I don't think it is.

What you said here suggests otherwise:

quote:
    They should support who the fuck they want to. You, or anyone else for that matter, can't tell them who to support.

This suggests that by supporting a different country's team, English culture is lost.
  • Options
    do you agree though that it's good to see someone then isn't white or english to support england? they can support how many countries they like but they should have some pride in this country.

Stop changing the subject.
  • Options
    Stop changing the subject.

Yes. It's completely beside the point. :|
  • Options
    do you agree though that it's good to see someone then isn't white or english to support england? they can support how many countries they like but they should have some pride in this country.

WHY! WHY WHY!! I don't understand you!

If someone isn't white WHY would that mean it would be unusual for them to be supporting English teams....do you think all black people are foreigners or something?
  • Options
    of course not!

You don't see many Asians supporting England do you?

So fuck.
  • Options
    Go to any large community event, any place and see how many white faces there are compared to black...Even somewhere as diverse as Glastonbury festival there are more white faces - thats because there are more white people in Britain. That's all.

So what! It doesn't mean that British Asian people don't support football or English football!
  • Options
    Even somewhere as diverse as Glastonbury festival there are more white faces - thats because there are more white people in Britain. That's all.

could be tha t Glastonbury offers line-ups more appealling to studenty, m/c youth as opposed to de yoot :D
  • Options
    of course not!

• Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    could be tha t Glastonbury offers line-ups more appealling to studenty, m/c youth as opposed to de yoot :D

Ahem...Are you saying that all black people don't like 'white music'!!
    what...another generalisation! And anyway - if you believe that Glastonbury only appeals to m/c youth then you've obviously never been!!
  • Options
    I suspect Camp Excalibur is more her thing.
  • Options
    No, I meantthat studenty, m/c youth like their Glasto with it's big steel fence to keep ticket-less scallies out and would be appalled if it offered line-ups attracting garage acts with the attendant yoot coming in to spoil their laid back fun in the sun

I've been to Glasto, it's not all that
    I suspect Camp Excalibur is more her thing.

any tickets left?
  • Options
    Glastonbury is only as good as the people who go....If there was no fence there would be no festival. I have been a fence jumper, but wouldn't try anymore as I want the festival to survive. £120 aint that much to pay considering the stuff they have on.

If you think Glastonbury aint all that then you really haven't travelled!

But off topic I guess........
  • Options
    The story about the pubs banning england flags is true. However, it caused such an outrage that they have now changed their decision, and flags will be allowed.

There is also a large England flag on top of Birmingham council house, and there were council funded celebrations for st georges day. (although some stupid pubs would not allow people with red roses in!)

I also heard about warwick university banning all flags from halls of residence, this happened during the world cup in 2002. Stupid also.

A lot of Asian people do support England in things like Euro 2004, but of course it's natural if they want to support Pakistan (for example) in Cricket.
  • Options
    well you wouldn't would you. Everything I say is a lie isn't it?

Yep.
  • Options

Yes you do you plank.
  • Options
    No, I meantthat studenty, m/c youth like their Glasto with it's big steel fence to keep ticket-less scallies out and would be appalled if it offered line-ups attracting garage acts with the attendant yoot coming in to spoil their laid back fun in the sun

So by "yoot" you mean black people. And you also assume that all black people listen to garage?

You really don't have a clue do you? LOL! :D
  • Options
    Next!
  • Options

I've been to Glasto, it's not all that

any tickets left?

Really? Didn't the 'studenty m/c youth' attend Glasto for 30 odd years before those fences went up then? and I suppose in its history Glasto has never offered any sort of Black acts or saw an attendance of 'yoots' as you put it?

Wow you must live in a parallel universe to the rest of us then :rolleyes:
  • Options
    A joke is a joke. a serious staement isn't.
    for fucks sake if we can't laugh at ourselves and each other we're doomed.
    if it comes about that i can't tell poofter jokes or slag the welsh off for being ...well for being welsh ...then what will we be allowed to laugh at?
    can't laugh at someones misfortune? can't make jokes about a blind man? you'll all end up in fucking straight jackets if you take life so seriously.
    it has already got to the point where the worst science fiction stories of my uouth are happening all around me ...24hr survailance ...idenity cards ...crooks running the white house ...being told what i can say and not say ...what i can and cannot laugh at.
    if i want to take the piss and laugh at YOU ...i damn well fucking will.
    all this can't say this that and the other is not setting you free ...it's imprisoning you.
    not long ago someone was asking what it's called when someone paints with a paintbrush between their toes ...my reply was ...thalidomide.
    oh what a bad man i am aye!