Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

scars again, but different

Right ok, so i had my op and it all went well.
The scar isnt as bad as i thought it would be. Its very neet and stuff.

But what i want to know is how long do you think it will stay red for? how long till its goes white and i can tan it to look more normal colour.

thanks
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it generally depends on the person.
    mine go after a couple of weeks but my brother has one still red from an op 3 years ago.
  • Options
    Damn cos the doc says that i cant let it in the sun cos it'll burn if its red

so what do it do now?
  • Options
    factor 30. or even better, 60. :yes:

if you get a thicker sun cream, you'll be able to get it just on the scar, so you can stop it getting sore, but still get a tan on the rest of you.
  • Options
    I've got a couple of scars on my left hand from ops. One of them has faded to near normal colour, and that took a couple of years. The other one I only had done a couple of months ago, and is still a vivid red/purple line, and I expect that'll take just as long to fade.
    I suppose it's like piercings, some people heal quickly, others slowly, and some people have different experiences on different parts of the body.
  • Options
    All I can sugest is try taking Zinc supplements and applying Znc based cremes (i.e. Nappy rash cremes)

Good levels of Zinc in your body help skin to heal well with less scaring
  • Options
    I was in a bonfire accident when I was 8 and it took about 5 years for the scars to calm down. If you are going in the sun you'll just have to use sun-block, works for me :)