Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Someone please help me ! ! !

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey there people.

I have a real dilemma and is eating away at me and has been for some time.

I have being going out with my partener for over 2 years now and it's starting to feel almost like a strain, not like it used to be. I understand people change and thats not a problem, it's just that she seems to take control a lot of the time and has been for a while.

It's not that i don't love her because i do, i don't know what to do as it almost seems theres nothing i can do because she takes everything so personally. Can anyone help me please.

:crazyeyes

Drew

Comments

• Options
    hey
    firstly, im sorry to hear about your problem. it sounds like one of you in this relationship has changed, but even tho you say it isnt a problem, i think it is!
    maybe she doesnt realise she's taking control. for all you and i know she could be worrying about something, and this may be her way of trying to sort things out! Talk to her. if you've been together for 2yrs, im sure she wont hate you for it. just be honest+tell her your worried, and that you dont want to loose your relationship.
    Taking things to heart could be a sign of her worrying about things.
    have a chat with her, and explain your concerns - im sure it'll all work out ok!!
    Hope it all goes well
    xxx :)
  • Options
    you need to sit her down and talk to her about it. Make sure you say alot of "I" messages (like how it makes you feel) Maybe she doesn't realize what she's doing. Being open with your partner is a key to a good relationship. If you want anything to change, you need to confront her about it. If both of you want to change for the sake of your relationship, then great. :thumb: But give it time and if she doesn't change, you're either going to have to take a break and see what else is out there for you or if you really want it to work, I'd suggest going to a counselor.
  • Options
    Thanks ppl

Thanks very much, i think i needed that push i guess i was just wooried about it. I had a talk with her today and we said that we're gonna stick at it, it won't change over night but i'm it will all work out. (hopefully)

Drew