Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Powder thrown at PM in parliment

Breaking news!

During Prime ministers question time purple powder was thrown down from the gallery onto the PM and other members of parliment.

Heres the story;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3728617.stm

Fathers 4 Justice are claimed they did it.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Heh, they really have to improve security in the House of Commons! Every so often there is some kind of incident in the viewing gallery.

Who are Fathers 4 Justice anyhow?
  • Options
    Apparenty a Peer signed them in.

Fathers 4 Justice are attempting to change the way the family courts work because they think they are unfair to fathers.
  • Options
    Yes a Labour peeress, Baroness Golding, auctioned the tickets for charity.

I think it's very funny! I can understand their problem with the security thing, I suppose, but it's getting a bit silly in some ways.
  • Options
    Had that been something nasty we could have been looking at a government minus virtually all the cabinet, the leaders of the opposition and many members of the government on all sides.

Now whatever you think of the present government that wouldnt have been a good thing.
  • Options
    The only good news to come out of this is that the attack was harmless and has highlighted an appalling weakness in security. I bet a few terrorists must be banging their heads against a wall right now for not trying it themselves. I hope lessons are learnt.

A few more rehearsals of what to do in such emergencies wouldn't go amiss either. It's all very well for our rulers to say "be prepared" and to organise massive drills... But they were allowed to leave the chamber with a possible contamination on them. They should have been sealed in until the all-clear was given.
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    Yes a Labour peeress, Baroness Golding, auctioned the tickets for charity.

I think it's very funny! I can understand their problem with the security thing, I suppose, but it's getting a bit silly in some ways.

its the funnish thing i've heard all week to think that what it really could have been is a little scary but then again its the election soon that will be interesting.:lol: :crazyeyes :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Now whatever you think of the present government that wouldnt have been a good thing.

Hmm, I disagree there.
  • Options
    Are you really saying that the draconian crime and punishment measures that would have been brought in would have been a good thing?

Are you suggesting that the lame remnants of the government would do a better job?
  • Options
    as i am under the age to vote i fine things like this funny cos i want a government that does good education good health care good benefits no tuition fees (as If) and supports all single parent families
  • Options
    You Commie bastard!
  • Options
    Shame that all the media attention has been on the security lapse, rather than the real case which was trying to get some publicity. I understand why though.

These fathers have a very real case and the children/family court are predjudiced against fathers.

Bet Blair was furious about the security implications though, I would have been.
  • Options
    Yeh i think justice for fathers is a good cause, they're fighting for the legal right to see their children, yet the government just dont seem to care.

fathers dont have the right to see their own children even tho mothers have the right to, and the children have the right to see their father.

fathers should have the right too.

as for what happened in the house of commons i think some mps should get some common sense it was reported that for around 10 mins no-one knew what to do and they just stood around. Why didnt they think that it could be a possible terrorist attack? fools!
  • Options
    Well the main focus has been on the terrible security hole but people have been talking about Fathers for Justice- certainly a lot more than they would have if the 'attack' had not taken place.

I happen to agree completely with their cause, if not with their methods.
  • Options
    I don't even have a problem with their methods, so far.

Nothing violent, just simple disobedience. Worked for the suffragettes...