Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

War crimes, committed by the 'free world', happening NOW!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Even though I wasn't supposed to participate in any of these threads in here, I couldn't resist:

britt.gif
  • Options
    Everyone I know who condemns Israel also condemns the suicide bombers.
  • Options
    Nice piece of satirical spin, however the truth here is that the Palestinians are and always have been the victims since the first zionist terrorists first landed to clear the land owned by Palestinians for hundreds of years based on a false claim to biblical ownership (despite the essentially atheistic stance of the founders of the original state and their diametric opposition to orthodox judaism).

So insofar as a people fully retain the right of self defence against theft of property and life, first at the hands of the Irgun and subsequently by the IDF and the full aparatus of the Israeli state, the "excessive violence" is all Israel's.

From its incepetion it has been an exercise in creating and maintaining and exclusivistic racist state based on an 18th century colonialistic expansionistic ideology which remains very much in force up to the present day.
  • Options
    The principle of a betrayed people's right to fight back against constant pogroms intended to drive them further into degradation and to inevitably eradicate them I fully support, the fact that the only means left to them against the vast Israeli arsenal is suicide bombing I do abhor, but only for the further loss it forces upon the Palestinians.

So many times the Palestinians have made every concession short of laying down willingly to be slaughtered and every time the have been met with disingenuity and further demands from the other side of the negotiating table.

We would all resort to the same ultimate response as they if it were our homes and neighbourhoods occupied and routinely fired upon day in and day out for decades.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    the "excessive violence" is all Israel's.

Care to clarify?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    the fact that the only means left to them against the vast Israeli arsenal is suicide bombing I do abhor, but only for the further loss it forces upon the Palestinians.

Meaning that you do in fact support suicide bombings against the Israelis, but not the reaction it brings with it?
  • Options
    I don't know what's to complain about anyway Jacqs since yesterday's resolution (which amounted to nothing more severe than a condemnation) must have been the first UN resolution concerning Israel not to have been vetoed since the T-rex roamed the Earth.

Try to pass any resolution to impose a economic sanctions/UN monitoring or- god forbid- armed intervention, and see how long it takes for the US to shoot it down.

Nice protection racket you got there...
  • Options
    Given that the reaction is always disproportionate to the suicide bombing and that those you so wholly support are themselves former terrorists....

Given that the violence was begun not by the Palestinians who were living in relative peace with their Arab jewish neighbours prior to the Balfour Declaration and the influx of harline militant zionists hellbent on reclaiming land they did not own nor have a right to by any standard of international law....

Yes, I would have to honestly admit that the cessation of violence is wholly Israel's responsibility to demonstrate genuine intent to establish peaceful and constructive cohabitation of both peoples (preferably in a single fully equal and democratic state, unlike the racist colonialist principle of deference toward Jews of European extraction over even Arab Jews (the original co-inhabitants of Palestine).

Get rid of the right wing expansionistic powermongers and perhaps progress toward a comprehensive settlement for all ISraelis and Palestinians could be achieved. So long as they remain, irresponsible exclusively Jewish immigration will continue and with it the expansion of settlements and the need for new justifications for further assimilation of Palestinian land.
  • Options
    And as the Israelis partly withdraw and journalists are allowed in, the full scale of the atrocity becomes clearer.

Below is a piece from the Times (prop. Rupert Murdoch and not a paper one could ever accuse of lying or having anti-Israeli bias). This article does not talk about murders. It 'just' reports some acts of vandalism that fully illustrate that far from conducting a security operation, the IDF soldiers involved in this are just a bunch of vandals, thugs and savages.

Israeli soldiers destroy Rafah zoo, wound, kill or steal most animals. Countless houses destroyed, olive trees uprooted

Some fucking "security" operation :mad:

As far as I'm concerned all IDF soldiers serving in Palestine are fair game. No human being should willingly collaborate with such savagery- If I were Israeli conscript I'd much rather be sent to jail for insubordination than be part of such obscene depravity.