Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

fitness regime

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im 5 ft 1 and i weigh 8 stone 8-12 depending on what time of day i weigh myself. i need to lose some. im not sayin im massivly fat but i dont like how my body looks. im going on holiday on the 22nd of july so i want to try to lose it by then and be all toned etc. i dont have the money to go to the gym (even tho its not that expensive but i just cant afford it) i go to aqua aerobics once a week for an hour...so there is that. but i need more exercise i can do everyday, like set amounts etc.

so any help will be greatly apretiated, like if someone wants to make me a fitness regime thingy, someone who knows wat they are talkin about, so i can stick to it and lose this flab! or just some ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Well, you already go to the aqua aerobics, so why not try to go swimming a couple of extra times a week. Then either go on a low fat diet, or watch your calorie intake, taking in about 400 calories a day less than normal. That should see 1-2 lbs a week come off, and get you fit and toned.
  • Options
    thanx you two!
    i think i need to think about what i eat as well as the exercise cos at the moment i snack all the time on and wrong things! so its 3 meals a day for me, plenty of water to drink and if i do need to snack it'll b an apple or a rivita or something similar.

i shall try to swim another nite a week as well as aqua aerobics, and i shall go for a half an hour jog each night before bed. as well as some floor exercises like sit ups etc for toning. and see how that all goes in 2 weeks/months time and see wat else i need to do :)

all suggestions are still welcome
  • Options
    I want to start jogging, I used to go...well, once every 2 months or something. At school, I was really fit and now I'm very unfit! Thing is, if I jog early evening, people will see me. :o But I don't like jogging in the dark. So make sure you're careful. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    At school, I was really fit and now I'm very unfit!

thats the same with me, at school i was so fit and i used to eat wat ever i wanted cos all the sport kept the weight off. but since school its just piled on!
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    thats the same with me, at school i was so fit and i used to eat wat ever i wanted cos all the sport kept the weight off. but since school its just piled on!

yeh, i think it comes with age too. when you actually have to start watching what you eat. plus now i have a car i drive everywhere! in year 10, i got an award for best sports girl out of the whole school. now i'm like...:(
  • Options
    Re: fitness regime
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    so any help will be greatly apretiated, like if someone wants to make me a fitness regime thingy, someone who knows wat they are talkin about, so i can stick to it and lose this flab! or just some ideas?

How abot getting a Paper round? or becoming a a part time dog walker - that way you'll be getting excercise and being paid to get fit.

:D
  • Options
    Re: Re: fitness regime
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    How abot getting a Paper round? or becoming a a part time dog walker - that way you'll be getting excercise and being paid to get fit.

:D

there are no paper rounds going round here. and all the little kiddies have got all the dog walking jobs round here!
  • Options
    Running or swimming is the best thing for you if you want to get yourself tonned in couple of months -

Though I find running can be soo boring and you get fed up with it very easily so try and vary your techniques -

Go swimming one week and running the following week.
    If you don't like the idea of letting people see you run... try going to a local park or go round your block a few times first thing in the morning before you go to work/school. Wear a wee radio with earphones and blast some music to wake you up and start feeling good :D
  • Options
    I found a lot of helpful suggestions on work outs that centre on certain parts of the body, with easy to follow and understand diagrams at http://www.ivillage.co.uk . Also, exercise vids could help if you feel self conscious or want something that'll warm you up as part of the proccess, leading to usually something more active
  • Options
    i agree with every1 else here+think they've given you some great advice. just to add to it, try the website below - its great. it shows you a load of exercises you can do at home/work, alot of them just involve small movements and tensing your muscles for a few seconds. ive been doing them+they work wonders!

Home workouts!

also, if you weigh yourself, do it once a week on the same day. i use boots scales, as they give you a print out of your weight in kg and stones, and also give your ideal weight (according to your age, height, sex and build) Even if they aren't totally accurate, you can still keep track of your weight loss!

Hope this helps, good luck :thumb:
    xxx
    BTW - im going on holiday in september+every1's advice on here ahas given me some great ideas! also, stressedstar - wow, didnt know that about strawberry's. i LOVE them, pity they make my eczema break out :mad:
  • Options
    Wow is this true about strawberrys? Cus if so woo hoo for me as I have just started eating lotsa strawberrys instead of crisps-I snack badly so I thought I'd eat them as they are one of my fave fruits and now this news! Wow!!!!

Also got lotsa bottles of low priced table water so am trying to drink lotsa water.

I've put on about a half a stone to a stone since xmas and now need to start losing it. This thread is really useful so keep it going!!!

I don't like swimming but I do go to the gym what is the best route to getting a more toned tum at the gym- I measn what equipment?

Currently I go on the aerobic equipment and then some of the toning equipment but I find it a bit daunting!

Also I've beem doing half hour a day in the backyard playing tennis up the wall-so no one can see you and you gets lotsa activity-well if you drop the ball as ofetn as i do!!!!

anyways thanks guys

*another satisfied thread customer*
  • Options
    I read somewhere on the BBC website that one pound of fat is roughly equal to 3500 calories so if you cut back by 500 calories each day for a week you should in theory, lose weight as your body burns the fat.

Similarly, if you want to gain weight, you have to eat at least 500 calories per day in addition to your normal intake.

Just found the link and it's

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/yourweight/reaching_sensible.shtml

Hope this helps
  • Options
    about the paper round thing - i don't think i've ever seen a 17/18 year old doing one. :p

i had one from when i was 13-16 and then i got a job working in the post office that i delivered from. :o