Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What is the best way to make a relationship work?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone, I just need answers from mainly girls really, how to maintain that magic feeling when you meet someone and carry it through the relationship?

I love being in a relationship, as you all know I love a girl I haven't met, but I consider it to be a relationship becuase we are always talking and talking about how great it will be to be together, what I need to know is how can I really nail it down and make it solid when we are together?

I want to care for her, I want to please her and make her really happy, I already see her as being the heart of my world, without her, my life would just die. I want to see her fall asleep in my arms, I want to tell her I love her in the middle of the night, I just want her to know she is loved. I think she already knows.

I don't earn a lot of money and she isn't bothered, so all of you in a relationship right now, what makes you all tick!!

Comments

• Options
    will it be easy to have a long-term relationship even tho I am 21 and she is 17?, I keep thinking that maybe she will get bored of seeing all her mates on the Pull, but she has told me she loves me and that she isn;t interested in being single, she wants to be happy and to make me happy?, but does that even count these days?
  • Options
    Age doesnt matter. The key to a good relationship is communication, laughter and understanding. Couples who argue all the time and get back together like half an hour later, I dont recommend those.I am not saying you shouldnt argue but you have got to argue civily with understanding and really listen to what they have to say.
    Making them laugh is great because when you part she will think of the things that have happened and thinking how you have made her laugh will make smile with great joy at how well the day has been.
    Compliments will help alot too.
  • Options
    you might try subscribing to the email lists at http://www.theromantic.com

It's not all useful but there's some good ideas and links on the site. It's the little and unexpected things that count.
  • Options
    Be able to talk about anything under the sun.

Trust her with your secrets and hope she trusts you with hers.

Know you can count on her when you're feeling low, and know that you will always be there for her when she needs you.

You are best friends.

You can be yourself with her.

I know these are all cliches but frankly, unless you can talk to her and are not shy with her, you won't last long! Good luck!

This is the first day of the rest of your life.
  • Options
    my boyfriend's 25 and i'm 17 and we've been going out for 7 months... age doesn't matter.
    just communicate a lot, talk a lot, even if it's something that's hard to say.