Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

can friends 'sleep' with each other?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, check this scenario out. My girlfriend told me she wanted to cool things off a bit on friday. So i said i had better leave but she didnt want me to go. After talking for a while, we ended up in bed and had sex. It was lovely. We agreed to see each other on sunday. We met up, and went to bed (naked), kissed and cuddled but didnt have sex. I asked her if she wanted to meet up on wednesday and she said maybe. So i prompted her for a yes/no answer of which she said no, and reminded me that we were supposed to be 'cooling things off' and we were just friends. So, why did she allow me to sleep with her last night??????? do friends go to bed with each other and kiss and cuddle, and sometimes have sex? Can someone who wants to cool a relationship off and knowing that her partner is totally in love with her, still sleep with him as a 'friend', or is she a complete bitch from hell!

i am very confused!

[This message has been edited by johnny (edited 14-05-2001).]

Comments

• Options
    Originally posted by johnny:
    do friends go to bed with each other and kiss and cuddle, and sometimes have sex? Can someone who wants to cool a relationship off and knowing that her partner is totally in love with her

in my experience, yes... I've slept with quite a few of my friends, it just happens and I've remained good friends with them since... as for the relationship/cool down period, my experience of two of my friends doing this goes to show that they can survive... however saying that my friends don't work on the same felocify, after they sleep with people and its over they seem to cut that person off which I can't understand...

• Options
    hmmmmmmm. i have lots of female friends, but i couldnt possibly sleep with them. When i finished with my ex over a year ago, there is no way i could have carried on sleeping with her because it would have given her the wrong idea and in my eyes would have been totally unfair.
  • Options
    I personally think what your doing is a bad idea but I do think friends can just sleep with each other but I don't think people that love each other can sleep together and expect it to just be ok. I think she is confused (y she let u sleep/cuddle with her the other night)about how she feels about u maybe u should give her sometime to figure out stuff. and I also think if u start getting mad at her (about being confused about u ) u might lose her be supportive.

I know I'm not perfect but I can smile
  • Options
    It does happen. There are 'couples' in my school who claim they have totally broken up(they are a drama queen couple) but they still insist on kissing and even touching each other up in public. Its confusing for every one. You just cant work out what is going on.