Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I got measured today...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
and discovered that I have been wearing completely the wrong bra size.

I thought I was a 32A/B but I got measured in House of Frasier and apparently I'm a 30D. Which explains why my bras never seem to fit quite right!

Comments

• Options
    I did that for a while, wore a C and i was D.
  • Options
    I had to get measured when I lost weight and went from a 36DD to a 34DD but that was kinda obvious.
  • Options
    when i got measured found i was 30D too.nice lil ego-boost considering i thought i was 34A
  • Options
    Originally posted by freak
    when i got measured found i was 30D too.nice lil ego-boost considering i thought i was 34A
    Yes apparently most women wear the wrong sized bra- they get the number too big and the cup too small!

30D is not the easiest size to find tho is it. Freya lingerie is good. Have been on fig leaves and bravissimo. But it's annoying that hardly any everyday department stores stock it designer underwear is quite expensive. For a tight girl like me at least.

(Spent £102 on underwear at Selfridges today tho and about another 50 pounds online this evening... whoops!)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Randomgirl
    30D is not the easiest size to find tho is it.

:no:

at one point i was measured as a 30E. that was a bloody nightmare. there just aren't any.

then i discovered that 32D was almost exactly the same size. it's still not the easiest thing in the world to find, but it's slightly better.

then i got measured again after i lost and gained weight, and they said i was a 32D and probably had been all along.

these bra measurers are a liability.
  • Options
    my boobs change size too! i think its to do with the time of the month... i really need to get measured!
  • Options
    ...i think i should get my bra sized measured....how easy do you think it would be for a bloke to find a bra....42AAA perhaps? lol ... sorry, ive gone and invaded a girls only thread again...dammit, back under the stairs i go :(

Peace
  • Options
    well, from what i know the bra measuring people aren't exactly consistant - have you been anywhere else to get measured?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    my boobs change size too! i think its to do with the time of the month... i really need to get measured!

Most girls do, it's probably a good idea to buy a nude colored bra in a size up...Figleaves.com do some good ones in the bigger sizes (E-G) reasonably priced.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kath2003
    Most girls do, it's probably a good idea to buy a nude colored bra in a size up...Figleaves.com do some good ones in the bigger sizes (E-G) reasonably priced.

why is it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    why is it?

Well wearing a bra of the wrong size is generally not good for you and most girls find them quite painful around their period so not squashing them is a good idea too! Nude bras can be worn under black and white and so are probably the best option if you plan to only buy one in a slightly larger cup size.
  • Options
    I thought I was a 38B then I got measured and I found out I was infact a 36 C/D.
  • Options
    i wear 34a and i'd love to be told i was actually a c/d cup but i doubt that's going to happen :eek2: :lol:
  • Options
    You know, I have never measured myself properly - Can't afford to buy any new bras, so rather not find out just incase I've been picking the wrong bra size.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lea_uk
    i wear 34a and i'd love to be told i was actually a c/d cup but i doubt that's going to happen :eek2: :lol:

Lol I'm not going to get measured incase they tell me I'm wearing a size to big, I'd cry!

You can get 30C in La Senza, not sure about 30D though :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    well, from what i know the bra measuring people aren't exactly consistant - have you been anywhere else to get measured?
    Yes I have. And I tried to measure myself too although find that you can generally convince yourself you are whatever size you like depending on how tightly or loosely you pull the tape measure!

I kind of knew I wasn't the size I was wearing as whilst they were quite spacious and loose fitting around the band my boobs often fell out, or weren't really contained in the first place, of the cups.

I was rather skeptical of the bra measurer who told me I was a thirty D as I was convinced I was a B at maximum and that a D cup would be really baggy and wasn't my size... but I tried it on anyway just to see and she was right (as much as I hate to admit it) my new bras fit me perfectly.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    Lol I'm not going to get measured incase they tell me I'm wearing a size to big, I'd cry!

You can get 30C in La Senza, not sure about 30D though :)
    Cheers Faith...

Just been on the LaSenza website and they do sell a 30D in at least some of their designs. You can do a search by size on their too which is good cos then you don't have to get tempted by bras that you just won't fit!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Randomgirl
    I was rather skeptical of the bra measurer who told me I was a thirty D as I was convinced I was a B at maximum and that a D cup would be really baggy and wasn't my size... but I tried it on anyway just to see and she was right (as much as I hate to admit it) my new bras fit me perfectly.

30D, 32B and 34A are the same cup size. remember, when you go down a size, you have to go up at least one cup to keep the same cup size.

and as for measuring yourself - i tried, just for a laugh, using the back page of the freemans catalogue, and it told me i was on the border between a 32A and a 32B. heh. would be very entertaining trying to squeeze the girls into one of those.

i'm still all for trying the bras on and seeing what's comfy. they can tell me i should be wearing a 30 not 32 til they're blue in the face, but if they give me chest pains after a few hours, they are clearly too tight.
  • Options
    Yeah i thought i was a 38C after they calmed down after James but i got measured & was told i am a 36DD. I nearly had a heart attack, i've never been this big. I want my 34/36B boobs back :(.
  • Options
    I went from a 34B to a 36D/38C in about 3 months!

I've been measured a few times and told different sizes everytime!
    I got told I was a 32C then I went to another shop and got told I was a 36DD, both in the one afternoon! :confused:

Last bra I bought was £25 :eek2:

Anyone know of anywhere I can get them cheaper but still as comfy?
  • Options
    I personally like bras from primark and I also got a nice black bra from etam for £10.
  • Options
  • Options
    I love my bigish (34DD) boobs! They look fantastic with everything. Very womanly. Except at work where I have to wear a shirt - I have to wear a size 16 because the smaller sizes won't do up over my boobs without flashing my bra to everyone :rolleyes:
  • Options
    You think DD's big? Look at this...

72MMM

Scary!!! :eek2:
  • Options
    I need to get measured me thinks. I've totally changed size.
  • Options
    if your wearing a 32A bra what would the 30 bra cup size be
  • Options
    32A = ~30B/C. For every number you go down, add a couple of cup sizes.