Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Maxine Carr -

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why are there so many mad people who think that Maxine Carr should stay in prison and who believe it would be right to attack her in the street?

Comments

• Options
    By attacking her you would be behaving 10 times worse thanshe did don't you think?

How old are you by the way?

I personally agree that she was tried and punnished and should now be able to live a normal life. She didn't kill anyone, she didn't have the opoptunity to stop them being killed.
  • Options
    She didn't know he was a paedophile.........

STOOOPID!
  • Options
    And incedentally - she didn't lie in court to try and save him once it got to trial......

She lied at teh begining because he asked her to and gave her made up reasons to do so - when the police confronted her she told the truth.

she was taken to court, was given a sentence and then served it...

what is so hard to understand about that?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    ok then, let her and huntley out and live in peace forveer!
    :rolleyes:

No - keep huntley in because he was tried and convicted for a murder

let Carr out because she was tried and convicted for a lesser offence that had nothing to do with the actual murder.

You didn't answer the last question by the way
  • Options
    Is there something which compels you to make stupid posts, lukesh?

1) Huntley was not convicted of paedophilia, but murder. From what I remember there was no question of sexual contact with the girls.

2) Carr was convicted of perjury. Not conspiracy.

3) She will have served her time, in accordance with UK law.

She should be left to get on with her life. She will have to live with what happened.

Vigilatism is not the answer, no matter how heious the crime was that her partner comitted.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Is there something which compels you to make stupid posts, lukesh?
    Trolling?

Or supreme gullibility?

Can’t decide myself…
  • Options
    What does have to do with Maxine Carr?

Are you pretending to know more about the case than the police and the Courts?

Maxine was punished for the crimes she commited, which had nothing to do with the actual planning, kidnapping or murder of the girls. She's served her sentence. End of.
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    She didn't know he was a paedophile.........

STOOOPID!

A friend of mine worked with her in Holloway and is convinced of her innocence. All she did was stand by the man she loved. And thats all she was convicted for. So for you to say that you'd attack her, makes you a nasty vindictive little vigilante who ought to be locked up in one of those prisons that you're so fond of calling for other people to be locked up in. Lets see how you like it, eh?
  • Options
    She's served her sentence and should be let to get on with her life, i'm sure she is truly sorry for what she done.

She played no part in the murders so why shouldn't she be let get on with her life?
  • Options
    Because the tabloids say so.

At the end of the day she's "evil", isn't she?

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Blagsta
    A friend of mine worked with her in Holloway and is convinced of her innocence.

That friend of yours is a mug then

She perjured herself. Didn't you see her Police interview?

In the appalling circumstances of that time she derserves all she gets

All she did was stand by the man she loved.

Oh get out the violins:rolleyes:

Huntley regsrded her as being none too bright, he's right there
  • Options
    I'd attack her, she lied to the Police, full stop! This was an exterely bad crime that had been commited and she lied!

You'd attack a woman? Ahhh how charming :rolleyes:
    let Carr out because she was tried and convicted for a lesser offence that had nothing to do with the actual murder.

I actually agree. Sure she withheld information from the police but that's not the first time somebody has done so... it would have happened a thousand times before. And Ok, not with the kids in the bath, but similar situations.
    At the end of the day she's "evil", isn't she?

Aye, the tabloids don't tend to be picky about what group or individual they decide the brand as 'evil' these days.
  • Options
    Carr was convicted of perjury. She served her sentence, etc, etc.

Though can 'You' honestly say you'd be fine with her moving next door to you. I know they say, she had nothing to do witht he murder of the two kids, but would you still be capable of letting her work with your children, or sisters, brothers, etc.

I know I wouldn't if we're being honest. Can't help but wonder if she knew more than she was letting on. I mean, wasn't she living with the man - so how could she not have known what was going on. Not even be a bit suspicious, etc.

I know there was no charges pressed against her to do witht he murder, but I still can't help but wonder.

Though, saying that - if she genuinely did not know, then dear love her - Life is ruined -
  • Options
    What was going on? One off incident non?
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    That friend of yours is a mug then

So you know better than someone who is a counsellor and therapist in the criminal justice system? Errrr....OK.
    She perjured herself. Didn't you see her Police interview?

Well, duh, :rolleyes:
    In the appalling circumstances of that time she derserves all she gets

What? For protecting a loved one?

Oh get out the violins:rolleyes:

You never been in love?
    Huntley regsrded her as being none too bright, he's right there

Pot, kettle, black I think.

[edited to make more sense 'cos I'm a bit pissed]
  • Options
    So someone who is a counsellor and therapist in the criminal justice system knows better than you? Errrr....OK.

Yes, a right plank if 'convinced of her innocence.' She's also a dole-cheat
    What? For protecting a loved one?

for betraying the 2 girls who she knew and liked her
    You never been in love?

Oh for god's sake. Even in the unlikely situation I'd have been involved with a violent. loser mutt like huntley, i'd know what to do. i have been tested in a similar fahion
    Pot, kettle, black I think

Pardon?:confused:
  • Options
  • Options
    Yes, a right plank if 'convinced of her innocence.' She's also a dole-cheat

So you do know better than someone who is a qualified therapist in the criminal justice system? What you read in the papers has more validity than someone who has worked with Maxine Carr in a therapeutic setting for months?

LOL! Get a fucking grip. :rolleyes:
    for betraying the 2 girls who she knew and liked her

Pardon? :confused: How so?
    Oh for god's sake. Even in the unlikely situation I'd have been involved with a violent. loser mutt like huntley, i'd know what to do. i have been tested in a similar fahion

Obviously not then.
    Pardon?:confused:

Ha ha! Thanks for that :D
  • Options
    So you do know better than someone who is a qualified therapist in the criminal justice system? What you read in the papers has more validity than someone who has worked with Maxine Carr in a therapeutic setting for months?

Yup, if said plank if 'convinced of her innocence.'as i saw the police interview where she fabricated details of the sunday luch she cooked the w/e in question. Said plank may be in wrong job, heart ruling head, etc
    Pardon? How so?

ru trolling?
    Obviously not then.

gets worse
    Ha ha! Thanks for that

whatever you're on, there's a long-term price to pay
  • Options
    You are insane.
  • Options
    It's just some can't see anything blagsta.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    A friend of mine worked with her in Holloway and is convinced of her innocence. All she did was stand by the man she loved. And thats all she was convicted for. So for you to say that you'd attack her, makes you a nasty vindictive little vigilante who ought to be locked up in one of those prisons that you're so fond of calling for other people to be locked up in. Lets see how you like it, eh?

ERM - I agree with you! I was calling Lukesh stupid!! Not sure why you quoted me and then replied!?
  • Options

whatever you're on, there's a long-term price to pay

Ladymuck...the simple fact is that Carr did not murder anyone, nor did she lure anyone into any house.

She didn't take part in any plan to get two girls for Huntley, she didn't know that he had killed them until the police told her their suspicions.

She covered up but only because she believed the lies Huntley told her. The video of her interview when the police told her he had lied shows her shock and upset.

She didn't continue to lie.

She served her sentance and is entitled to her freedom without silly people (Lacking intelligence?) threatening to beat her up or kill her.

If you want an proper discussion and argument about it then you explain why it is acceptable for people to beat her or kill her....tell me...I'd like to know
  • Options
    I'm so bored of Maxine Carr, Ian Huntly is locked up so who cares.
  • Options
    I care that there ar people in our society who seem to think it'sok to kill or beat up people who are free to do what they like having served the time they were given in a court of law.
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    ERM - I agree with you! I was calling Lukesh stupid!! Not sure why you quoted me and then replied!?

Yeah, I realise. I was answering your point that she didn't know about his crimes, and agreeing with it. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

Basically my view is this - Maxine Carr didn't know anything about what Huntley was up to and her only crime was to initially stand by the man she loved.
  • Options
    a lot of people are angry because it's costing a lot to defend her etc.

It's only costsing so much to protect her because there are pathetic little cunts like you saying that you'll kick her head in "because she lied to the police".

Maybe we should kick your head in instead, it'd be fucking cheaper.

she has only served half of her time due to this pathetic law about being well good etc.

maybe If she did her time, all of it, then people wouldn't care as much of her release

She has already served all her time. Time on remand counts against the sentence given at trial, it always has done and always will do.
  • Options
    huntley though... some of you gusy are trying to say he didn't touch them, i.e saying he aint a peado, why the hell he takes them in his house then?

Are you on fucking smack or something?

Let's explain it in small words for the soft of brain to understand:

Ian Huntley was a nasty man who took two girls into his house and killed them. He buried their bodies in a ditch.

When the police came around to ask him what he'd done, he got his girlfriend Maxine Carr to lie to them, because he'd already been acquitted at one rape trial because the victim lied or was mistaken, and felt he was being victimised. She did this, then when she realised that he had really done what the police were saying she said she was lying before and wanted to correct herself.

Do you understand that, or is it still to complicated for you? When Huntley killed thsoe girls Carr was screwing someone in Grimsby, she was NOT INVOLVED and lied to protect him when he asked because of his past.

Damn her, she's just evil!
  • Options
    The thing that is really annoying me is the media coverage of this!

Sky News is having a field day and its just getting to the point where you are thinking enough is enough they are making the situation worse
  • Options
    Yeah - and WHY do the papers want to have access to info about where she is...is it in the publics interest - NO
    Is it newsworthy - NO
    Is it helpful for the parents of the murdered children - NO