Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Had a quick look, but couldn't find anything that referred to what i wanted... shoot me if i missed something, im tired....

Anyway....

For my leaver's ball, i would like loose curly hair. My only problem is that the burls won't stay in my hair.... Im using a pair of revlon tongs, which are really good. What i wanted to know is, is there any product i can put in my hair before curling it to keep the curls in? without making my hair go rock solid... cos i really dont think that would be a good look... lol

Thankies in advance

Comments

• Options
    K, i dont know of the UK has curling irons. But if you do, keep reading.

Get the curling pretty hot and get a small section of your hair (depending on how many curls you want and how thin/thick your hair is) and open the curling iron up and move it to your roots. Make sure you spray some hair spray (not alot) but you put the curling iron on. So your hair (your roots) are in the middle of the curling iron. Then snap the curling iron shut and with your other hand (while one hand is holding the curling iron) wrap it around the rest of the curling iron. So it is NOT hooked IN the curling around but AROUND it. Leave it there for 15 to 20 seconds. Then gently slip the curling iron out and get a tiny clip(not a bobby pin) that will hold the curl in place and let it cool off. (that'll make the curl last longer if it cools down) Sorry if that doesn't make much sense because it's easier to show then to put into words :(
  • Options
    Thank you, but ive tried this and it doesn't work in my hair... Am beginning to think that im gonna have to change how i have my hair... :(
  • Options
    There's some shampoo's and products you could use to help get your hair curly, such as lee stafford and umberto giannia (sp?). When your drying your hair, try scrunching it with a bit of mousse then use some curling tongs to get the look you want. Don't use too much mousse or it'll look rock hard, then when your done use hairspary to fix it.
  • Options
    For my prom 2 yrs ago, I had my hair curled by a hair salon... it was pinned up, but it looked just as nice down..

How about you enquire into how much it'd cost for them to do it and the products they use..

My curls didn't turn out crunchy at all... *I went to Zig Zag hair salon*

Ilora x
  • Options
    Best thing for curls is pin curling it. Tonged curls never last that long i'm afraid no matter what you put on. If you overload on the products your curls will be weighed down and look manky.

Find someone, your mum, gran, auntie basically anyone who can pin curl. Takes longer but well worth the effort. Mine last well into the next day. Wind the hair round your finger into a little whirl and then pin with a bobby pin. Put a little bit of setting spray on before you do it, let them dry (very important) and then hey presto, shirley temple!