Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

An American insight into Muslims:

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...I don't condone the abuse of iraqi prisoners, but I am caring less and less what happens to these people. Shouting "God is great" as they behead a prisoner is SICK. Stupid muslims are causing an inapropriate amount of chaos in the world, intolerant F

and in reply to this:
Well said Darth Paul. The sooner the world is rid of all these SICK, stupid muslims the better.

found on this website. I'm not trying to bash all Americans please don't think that (though I am aware I may have given that impression); I'm just highlighting some of the opinions that go through their minds! Why they hold all Muslims responsible for one attack by an extremist group in Iraq in response to the torture revelations.

In comparison the Americans and the Iraqis are exactly the same; a timid peace with underhand attacks on each other which leads to sweeping generalisations and misguided revenge attacks.

Sounds a lot like N. Ireland; with the Americans acting as the more powerful, more dominant protestants who generally control most of it and Iraqis as the catholic minority who are weaker; supressed and attack with terrorist attacks on ordinary Americans.

Sorry I haven't mentioned brits in this post; they no doubt fall into the same category just the original source I found up there ^^^ was with Americans in it...

Comments

• Options
    some yank on the news tonight saying how these people are brutal, sadistic barbarians ...talk about the pot calling the kettle!
    there will be more beheadings etc.
    the western world and its ways are not wanted there any longer.
    the place was relatively peaceful and prosperous till bush senior stepped in ...now junior has fucked it up big time. fucked it all up to the point where iraq may never again be peaceful and prosperous. not for a couple of generations anyhow.
    in fact the middle east is a whole is becoming ever more unstable by the day ...the yanks have always liked it this way.
  • Options
    I believe you must be referring to a US senator Mr Roll- I saw him as part of the Senator enquiry team looking into the torture abuses. I was sick to my stomach that a senator of all people- you would have expected that people holding such positions of power would not be utter nutters and would be able to show balance and restrain- was uttering such offensive shit.

At some point he was saying all those people were "terrorists, murderers and this and that" and how they'd probably had US blood in their hands, and how displeased he was with 'do-gooders' defending their rights.

Sickening. :mad:

By the way, the beheading of that US civilian tonight was also sickening and disgusting. Fucking barbarians.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    I believe you must be referring to a US senator Mr Roll- I saw him as part of the Senator enquiry team looking into the torture abuses. I was sick to my stomach that a senator of all people- you would have expected that people holding such positions of power would not be utter nutters and would be able to show balance and restrain- was uttering such offensive shit.

that'll be the man ...i didn't catch his name as i didn't catch the whole thing but i was fucking gobsmacked!
    do the americans understand anything about diplomacy ...anything about other nations and peoples?
    do they realy beleive god is on their side ...right or wrong?
    mad and very dangerous.
    the only thing that will possibly save us from these lunatics is if california falls into the sea ...a big natural disaster on their own shores would leave them to busy to go fucking everyone elses life up.
  • Options
    Well I don't think that way MR so perhaps there's a glimmer of hope for my countrymen! ;)
  • Options
    Its not bloody surprising is it, I mean any of us could see this happening before the war even started.

We go in there to "liberate" them, we expect them to come out chearing and generally worshiping us. They dont, they try and kill us.

So, the obvious response is "well fuck 'em, we tried to help, why should we let our men die for these ungrateful people?"

As for the Senator, yep, I heard that too, sickening stuff, but you've got to keep in mind that thats only ONE Senator. I'm sure you could russle up an MP with the same attitude if you tried.
  • Options
    So? Are you capable, ever, of condemning anything done by your heroes without ''buts'' or ''the other side does it too''?
  • Options
    I think the world would be a much better place without the discovery of America....

Isn't it true America has bombed more countries than any other country in the world by far?

Sorry about the sweeping generalisation but I think the route of most problems is the people who are trying to "sort" the problems out!

Admittingly, many countries are/have been under dictorships and need to be stopped - but I didn't know making the country a crater was the answer
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    who is my hero?

you always look at the Americans as the bad guys "bashing them".
    Why don't you read the thread for a change?

I'm talking about ONE PERSON. Not 280 million of them.

Do you understand the difference?
  • Options
    Far too many have never seen the results of our "magnanimous" warfare on other nations. Added to that the propensity of corporate media to sanitise everything devoid of any proper context and you can see how easily the sheep are led into the very hypocrisy that inspires our periodic wars in the first place.

When the bombs start raining down on us every decade or so, perhaps people will wake up and realise what kind of horror our military juggernauts have forced countless others to live through.
  • Options
    Originally posted by solid_L
    I think the world would be a much better place without the discovery of America....
    Or at least without the independance of America...

Just read some of the comments on that site. Most of them seem to run along the lines of "kill them", "Nuke 'em" etc. I'm scared. :nervous:
  • Options
    oh for fucks sake ...it wrong ok it's fucking wrong full stop.
    the whole fucking american the 21st century will be the american century is fucking frightening! nothing less than frightening. yet some of you still see common sense and direction? what fucking direction is my world going in then ...next left?
    the people in power are the people who eer brought up on films like the chain saw massacre ...then it was arnoldeggandbaconburger ...now it's fucking arnoldeggand baconburgerwhitehousedotcom!
    does that not scare the shit out of those of you with an understanding of politics and history?
    charlie chaplin for president mr roosevelt?
  • Options
    Please try and read people's posts properly luke.
  • Options
    The 21st Century being the American one? Hmm, well maybe the first half, but China will close in on and then over take the US within 40 years.

The we may actually have a balance of power again. And who knows the EU might get its act together and act as a united force for good.
  • Options
    That is not an american insight on muslims, its an insight into an extremists mind.

There are many Italians, French, Germans, Indians, Nigerians for instance that hold the same view.

The opinions this guy holds have nothing whatsoever to do with him being american.

Do you think that some British guy who says that Black people are monkeys is giving an insight into the British opinion of Black people?

Course not.
  • Options
    However this man is not an ordinary member of the public but a Senator.

And he's not even a member of some racist party that managed to win a few seats- he's a Republican, one of the two mainstream parties in the US.

I don't think that an MP who came out with such views would last much in here.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    However this man is not an ordinary member of the public but a Senator.

And he's not even a member of some racist party that managed to win a few seats- he's a Republican, one of the two mainstream parties in the US.

I don't think that an MP who came out with such views would last much in here.

Yeah that's true, the republicans are a decidedly dodgy party. They have a good few bad eggs among their ranks, is this guy not going to be reprimanded then?