Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hair extensions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im thinking about getting some hair extensions put in because my hair doesnt seem to be gettting any longer!
My mum is very much against it because she said that it totally ruins your hair.
Has anyone ever had them before and could you please tell me some more about them..e.g. a rough price, where to get them done properly, if they are hard to manage and if they do ruin your hair.
Thanks xx

Comments

• Options
    A whole head costs in the region of 300 to 500 quid and lasts for about 5 months, depending on how well you look after it.

To begin with, they can be painful to wear as they are glued so tightly to the root of the hairs, it pulls on your scalp. Sleeping on them is a nightmare...

I'd personally advise against them...

~Black Hearted~
  • Options
    eat plenty of beans and let it grow!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Black Hearted

To begin with, they can be painful to wear as they are glued so tightly to the root of the hairs, it pulls on your scalp. Sleeping on them is a nightmare...

~Black Hearted~

I had extensions 2 years ago and I didn't like them at all. They damage your natural hair, and the glue that they attach burns and splits the ends of hour hair. So you'll most likely have to get your ends chopped off when you get the extensions out. If you plan to get long or heavy extensions, that's alot more pressure applied to your scalp. My natural hair thinned alot after I got extensions. I got alot of headaches from the added weight the hair is. If you're planning to grow out your hair, don't get the extensions because it will most likely ruin your hair. But it's a good change if you don't mind getting a huge chunk of your ends cut off because they are damaged when you get the exntensions removed. Everyone's body reacts differently to them but if you take good care of them and are aware of disadvantages and advantages of getting them, you'll know what to do if something goes wrong.
  • Options
    I think that from what the others have said, that it'd be cheaper and better for you in the long run to let your hair grow naturally!
  • Options
    A girl from my college first got hair extensions when she was like 14, shes now 18 and has kept them for four years because there is really nothing she can do with her natural hair. Depending on what type you get also after a while they can become a bit skanky and like bits of them can fall out :confused: