Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wedding outfit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right I have a wedding to go to next month, it's the whole lot....the churchy bit and the reception. I need to look respectable because it's my boyf's step-sister and I haven't met hardly any of his family yet (so nothing too short!) but I still want to look cool :cool: lol Any ideas???

Comments

• Options
    Debenham's has some lovely wedding outfits http://www.debenhams.com/

or there's this dress from www.asos.com you could wear it with a cardigan
    image2xl.JPG
    or try www.riverisland.com www.warehousefashion.com or www.oasis-stores.com
  • Options
    Are you going to the evening thing aswell? (presuming they'll have one). Just my sister's getting married in July and I can't really afford 2 outfits so was looking for something to wear to both - but I guess that'll be really scruffy of me. :(
  • Options
    Im goin to a wedding soon and im wearing a white trouser suit or i might get a white skirt suit i dunno yet, but ive wanted a white suit for ages!

just thought id add that the bride aint wearing white!!
  • Options
    erm, usually the only people who change their outfit on a wedding are the bride and groom who get to put on a 'going away' outfit at the end of the party. Most mere mortals wear the same thing to both day and evening events, or you commit the evil sin of upstaging the bride ;):p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Susie
    erm, usually the only people who change their outfit on a wedding are the bride and groom who get to put on a 'going away' outfit at the end of the party. Most mere mortals wear the same thing to both day and evening events, or you commit the evil sin of upstaging the bride ;):p

oooh yay, okay. :)
  • Options
    i always tend to wear a nice knee-length dress. if it's chilly you can chuck on a cardy or shawl.

then again, i am bad at dressing up. i'd wear jeans to my own wedding if i could.
  • Options
    Eesh. For my boyfriend's brother's wedding in the summer I had two outfits! :) I had to look respectable because obviously I was meeting his *entire* family - scary! I wore a pink Chinese style dress during theday - knee length but with a slit - and a tight beige skirt and cream halter neck with strips of ribbon hanging off on the night. It was actually cheap though - the top cost more than the dress as I got the dress for 9 quid and splashed out on the evening outfit! It pays to shop around and not just buy the first thing you see. My sister told me before not to wear white to a wedding, by the way - although I guess that mainly applies to dresses.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    Are you going to the evening thing aswell? (presuming they'll have one). Just my sister's getting married in July and I can't really afford 2 outfits so was looking for something to wear to both - but I guess that'll be really scruffy of me. :(

Yeh going to both, the whole thing is in this really posh hotel. I'll only have 1 outfit so it needs to be good for both. I've seen this gorgeous skirt, but it's white....I can't wear white can I?! :confused::p
  • Options
    Faith! You are lucky!!

Debenham's have their 12 hour sale thing tomorrow. :D
  • Options
    Ooooh and I have the day off work tomorrow :D :hyper:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    Ooooh and I have the day off work tomorrow :D :hyper:

It's so meant to be. :yes: