Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sunbeds, toning beds and eczema

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey!!
Does anybody on here with eczema have experience of using sunbeds??? in about a month im going to start using them, just for 3 minutes, every week so i can get a base tan for my holiday. (ive never been abroad b4 and have fair skin, so dont want to burn.) I understand the cancer risks, etc, but what i want to know is could it affect my eczema?? i asked the woman who runs the place+her son came and talked to me. he said its greatly helped his eczema, as has going abroad. I just wana make sure though!

Also, how many of you have used toning beds?? my aunty used them a while back+said they really helped. i want to get to 10stone for my holiday in sep, so ive been eating more healthily+doing more exercises. 2 months ago i weighed 11 stone 4lb, and now im 10stone 10lb. im really happy with how its going, and i feel alot healthily and full of energy!!! :) So, do the toning beds work?? can you actually notice the difference??

Thanking you all
xxxx :D

Comments

• Options
    Toning what nows? what do they do then?
  • Options
    I've not used sunbeds but I was told that a couple of sessions would help with my eczema. I've always found that the sun helps clear it up very well so your holiday in itself might do some good :)
  • Options
    With most skin problems sun helps (except from skin cancer that is).
  • Options
    Sunbeds definitely help with eczema...you still need to moisturise loads when you're finished though