Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Underwire bras

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How the hell do you stop the wire coming out? It's really annoying and ruins a prefectly good bra when the wire comes out.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Underwire bras
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    How the hell do you stop the wire coming out? It's really annoying and ruins a prefectly good bra when the wire comes out.
    handwash them. Youre not supposed to put underwired bras in the machine as it makes the wires come out eventually - some quicker than others. If you just rinse your bras in the sink of an evening, then they should theoretically last forever.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Underwire bras
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    handwash them. Youre not supposed to put underwired bras in the machine as it makes the wires come out eventually - some quicker than others. If you just rinse your bras in the sink of an evening, then they should theoretically last forever.

:yes: exactly.

I'm usually too lazy to do this though and have ruined sooo much nice underwear by sticking it in the machine :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I am too lazy to do it too, i would never have time to do it.
  • Options
    As the only girl who wears underwired bra's in my house, I am blamed most times our washer breaks! Still me mom chooses to wash them in the washer, I don't ask her. Bless her! The washer man pulled out two at the last repair yet I only remember one coming out, ah well!

Still I guess if you wanted to repair one perhaps you could sew it in sort of-sew over the gap where it is coming out with a strong cotton thread in a similar colour to the bra.

Otherwise demote to slobby day clothes as I have to!
  • Options
    I've never has problems with my underwire bras and I always throw them in the washing machine out of pure lazyness :p

Ahh well... start scrubbing girl
  • Options
    arg yeah that happened with mine. bought a wonderbra and one of the wires came out in the washing machine :rolleyes:

however, i bought some new underwires and my mum sewed them in for me :) (i cant sew to save my life!).
  • Options
    Some underwired bra are ok in the washing machine but most aren't. Some bras will claim on the washing instructions that they are suitable for putting in the washing machine and tumble dryer but avoiding the tumble dryer at least can only do your bra good.

But generally I just chuck mine in the washing machine, unless they are really special.