Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

5 thoughts for a happier me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
1. just because you can fasten it does not mean it is your size. for the love of god buy the next size up. this is especially true of stretch jeans.

2. just because you saw it on a model in topshop/on SATC does not mean it looks good. people wearing leggings under skirts - this means you.

3. t-shirt + scarf = you looking stupid. does your neck exist in a seperate climate to your torso?

4. for anyone thinking that wearing your pyjama bottoms out in public makes you either cute or kooky - it doesn't. it makes you look like an escaped mental patient. especially if you wear them with rockports. i saw you.

5. brush your hair before putting it in a ponytail. jesus. you'd think with all the designer clothes you're wearing you could splash out £1.50 on a hairbrush. it doesn't look 'effortlessly cool' or 'post-sex chic'. it just looks scruffy. from behind you look like a big issue seller. now stop it.

just some things that were bothering me this week. feel free to add to my list.

Comments

• Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    Been wandering around Leeds? :p

:yes: :lol:

specifically have been wandering around the uni. dear me.
  • Options
    Re: 5 thoughts for a happier me
    Originally posted by kaffrin

5. brush your hair before putting it in a ponytail. jesus. you'd think with all the designer clothes you're wearing you could splash out £1.50 on a hairbrush. it doesn't look 'effortlessly cool' or 'post-sex chic'. it just looks scruffy. from behind you look like a big issue seller. now stop it.
    I think I'm guilty of this.

Actually I brush it and then use hair spray and stuff to scrunch it up to make it look unbrushed.

:blush:
  • Options
    Re: 5 thoughts for a happier me

4. for anyone thinking that wearing your pyjama bottoms out in public makes you either cute or kooky - it doesn't. it makes you look like an escaped mental patient. especially if you wear them with rockports.

What about if you wore them with your slippers. :blush: And in fact your pyjama top, under a big coat. :o To the corner shop for the paper, cause it was Sunday and you weren`t getting dressed for no fucker? :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: 5 thoughts for a happier me
    Originally posted by Randomgirl
    Actually I brush it and then use hair spray and stuff to scrunch it up to make it look unbrushed.

but why?

please explain, cause i am interested in the reasoning behind this.

What about if you wore them with your slippers. And in fact your pyjama top, under a big coat. To the corner shop for the paper, cause it was Sunday and you weren`t getting dressed for no fucker?

then you are excused, as you are not making a fashion statement, but merely exercising your right to be lazy on a sunday.
  • Options
    People who wear tops that say 'Babe' or 'I only sleep with the best'; (or something along those lines) when they're minging. :(
  • Options
    Thank you sooo much kaffrin. I agree 100% with all of those... just don't come to Edinburgh Uni EVER if you think Leeds is bad. It's 10x worse, trust me. Ugh.
  • Options
    They are good and I agree with them :thumb:
  • Options
    i dont usually brush my hair in the morning cos i dont have the time but i do when i get time or remember
  • Options
    hooped earrings so big i could put my arm through them :confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    hooped earrings so big i could put my arm through them :confused::confused::confused:

Halleluja!

I hate big hoops!
    Actually I only like them when they're teeny. Like a centimeter in diameter, or something. Not bigger.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: 5 thoughts for a happier me
    but why?
    please explain, cause i am interested in the reasoning behind this.
    Because not brushing hair is minging but scrunching it up gives you "big" hair and the 80's were cool so hey :p

I thought of this thread when I was waiting in the doctors surgery today and a girl sat opposite me had really bad arse-clevage going on. For god sake buy trousers that your whole arse fits into... you are not a builder!!! (no offence to builders intended)
  • Options
    i might be the only one who things this but what is it with wearing only one ear ring? to me it just looks STUPID! like u forgot to put the other one in
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    i might be the only one who things this but what is it with wearing only one ear ring? to me it just looks STUPID! like u forgot to put the other one in

oh, i think i know which you mean!

next time i'm in college i'm gonna go on the look out for people dressed stupidly and then i'll report back. :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman

To some extent you have a point.
    Usually I just use teeny tiny studs in my ears. But I do have some "zipper" earrings. And it would look too weird, if I had them in both ears. The charm and humor is having only one.

Also if you have some fancy earrings, wearing only one is like toning it down. So you for everyday use have one which looks nice and get the full effect when wearing both of them.
  • Options
    Tight jeans and tiny tops. If they fit you can look good (almost) regardless of your size. If they don't fit they look terrible regardless of your size!
  • Options
    People who wear more than one gold ring on each hand. People who wear more than one gold hoop earring on each ear. And those people who have those huge big gold clown necklaces you get from argos.

Gold in general!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kath2003
    People who wear more than one gold ring on each hand. People who wear more than one gold hoop earring on each ear. And those people who have those huge big gold clown necklaces you get from argos.

Gold in general!

I wear 1 gold ring on one hand and 2 on the other, I don't see the problem.
  • Options
    Smelly people. Theres just no need for it. :no:
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    Smelly people. Theres just no need for it. :no:

:o Yes! I so agree...very much so.

I work in a Supermarket and the worst thing, and I mean the worst thing is having to serve a smelly person. I don't just mean a slight whiff, I mean...so smelly and revolting that you cannot breathe. And I have to serve them. :(

One day, I'll end up saying "I'm sorry, but I can't serve you. Go away and have a wash first and then I'll consider it".

Oh, and old men with long nails. Oh how that makes me cringe. :no:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil

I work in a Supermarket and the worst thing, and I mean the worst thing is having to serve a smelly person. I don't just mean a slight whiff, I mean...so smelly and revolting that you cannot breathe. And I have to serve them. :(

One day, I'll end up saying "I'm sorry, but I can't serve you. Go away and have a wash first and then I'll consider it".

OMG, Yes. I work in a pharmacy and I once had this man come upto me and ask for something. His breath stunk of fish. I actually had to back away about 3 metres coz it was making me heave.

Then theres this other lady that comes up for paracetamol and omg, she smells. This makes me sad. :(
  • Options

I used to get alot of that. The thing that pissed me off was the rampant body odour would hang around for so long the customer next to be served would think it was coming from me. So I got into the habit of commenting on the stink coming from the previous customer. My bosses told me to stop doing that.

It did have its plus sides though. I could fart then look disgusted at the smell "coming from" the customer standing at the till behind me.
  • Options
    OMG, Yes. I work in a pharmacy and I once had this man come upto me and ask for something. His breath stunk of fish. I actually had to back away about 3 metres coz it was making me heave.

Then theres this other lady that comes up for paracetamol and omg, she smells. This makes me sad. :(

Ya Bunch of snobs -
    'Ooo, you smell, you shouldn't be near me. Eh-Eio'

:lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Ya Bunch of snobs -
    'Ooo, you smell, you shouldn't be near me. Eh-Eio'

:lol:

Have you ever had to serve a smelly person?!
  • Options
    Have you ever had to serve a smelly person?!

Ooo - how you must have suffered - :lol:
  • Options

Obviously you havent otherwise you'd understand where I am coming from. Tbh, Theres no need for smelly people anyway, shower gel is so cheap nowadays. Even if they had to go into a public disabled toilet and have a strip wash, theres really no need to smell.

Its like trampy looking people and people who havent ironed the tshirt that looks like the dogs slept on for a week. No need. Seriously.
  • Options
    Obviously you havent otherwise you'd understand where I am coming from. Tbh, Theres no need for smelly people anyway, shower gel is so cheap nowadays. Even if they had to go into a public disabled toilet and have a strip wash, theres really no need to smell.

Its like trampy looking people and people who havent ironed the tshirt that looks like the dogs slept on for a week. No need. Seriously.

Yeah, I have actually -
    It's when a girl comes into the shop and stink with over done cheap perfume - then again could have cost her a fortune but who can tell when they apply half a bottle on themselves.

Fellas can be just as bad with their aftershave or deodarant.
    Bless him :p

I'm sorry but you just sounded like a complete snob. :lol:
  • Options

Yes, actually...it is awful. Especially when they stand right up close to you and you just think urgh, go away you stinky twat. :(

Harsh, yes. But I like to be able to breathe.
  • Options
    I'm sorry but you just sounded like a complete snob. :lol:

I'm not a snob, and I'm not sure Lisa is either? Okay, so I don't know her....

It's not like a cheap perfume smell, it's much worse. It's the type of smell where you think...I really can't stand this, I'm gonna throw up.
  • Options
    I'm not a snob, and I'm not sure Lisa is either? Okay, so I don't know her....

Far from it. :thumb:
  • Options
    Far from it. :thumb:

Seeeee.....we're not snobs (I burp at the dinner table, dagnammit).