Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ill.......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i can't eat without feeling sick. i'm crying loads, feeling very confused, unable to make sense of most things, unable to make dessions, i'm really depressed and lonely, and i know there is something wrong with me, and i think that i'm gonna end up in hospital before too long. i'm living in the past all the time, its so hard.....

i know i need to go to the docs or a shrink, but i want to prepare myself for what i'm gonna be told, so what might happen?
i really scared about everything new, my GCSEs are stressing me out too, and it's all too much.......what can i do right now ?

Comments

• Options
    luby... first of all *hugs* to you.

You said it yourself, you need to go see a doctor. You should go to your GP as soon as possible. I know I know it's easier said than done, but it will be worth it.

Remember (as hard as it is) that your GCSEs aren't that important. Yeah they matter. But you are worth far more than the grades on a piece of paper.

As for what might happen... there's lots of stuff on thesite magazine about this and they've put it far better than I could anyway.

(not that this is at all relevant right now but I've always thought of you as way older than 16... I thought you were about 20 or something!)
  • Options
    i'm actually 14
  • Options
    Originally posted by luby
    i'm actually 14
    Blimey! Conclusive proof that I can't do maths!

Have you been to the doctors about your problems before or would this be a first for you?
  • Options
    i've been before to see if it's a phsyical thing ie had blood tests but not much else. i was told to drink lime flower tea and take vits and mins and see how i go. i'm no better.
  • Options
    i've been before to see if it's a phsyical thing ie had blood tests but not much else. i was told to drink lime flower tea and take vits and mins and see how i go. i'm no better.
    Did the doctor mention coming back in a certain number of weeks if you don't improve?

My doctor usually tells me to come back in a certain number of weeks (varying from 2 to 6 depending on how I'm doing).

I think you should go back to the doctor again or try seeing a different doctor.

What does lime flower tea do? Just out of curiousity!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Randomgirl
    Did the doctor mention coming back in a certain number of weeks if you don't improve?

My doctor usually tells me to come back in a certain number of weeks (varying from 2 to 6 depending on how I'm doing).

I think you should go back to the doctor again or try seeing a different doctor.

What does lime flower tea do? Just out of curiousity!

it's ment to help me sleep, it doesn't.

the doc said to take the vits and mins and once they are finished and if i don't feel any better to go back, but i don't think i can wait
  • Options
    it's ment to help me sleep, it doesn't.

the doc said to take the vits and mins and once they are finished and if i don't feel any better to go back, but i don't think i can wait
    How long ago was that?
  • Options
    2 weeks ago
  • Options
    2 weeks ago
    And how long until you finish the vitamins and minerals?
  • Options
    ages, 3 more weeks possibly
  • Options
    ages, 3 more weeks possibly
    Well it takes time for things to get better but if you are getting worse then maybe you should go back sooner.

Not sure what else to suggest.

Has your doctor mentioned counsilling?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Randomgirl
    Well it takes time for things to get better but if you are getting worse then maybe you should go back sooner.

Not sure what else to suggest.

Has your doctor mentioned counsilling?

yes, he did, i did have some but in such a short period of time it was difficult, i could only have 6 sessions with her, and she knew my mum too so it was difficult
  • Options
    yes, he did, i did have some but in such a short period of time it was difficult, i could only have 6 sessions with her, and she knew my mum too so it was difficult
    Kind of bizarrely it turned out that one of my counsillors (the best one I've had actually) knew my mum. Neither of us knew before we started as it was an anonomous service so she just knew my first name and I'd not meet her before. But at the start of our second session she told me that she'd worked out that she must know my mother, based on the personal details of my life that I'd given her. She was honest with me from the start and never even told my mother she'd seen me. But I never really finished my time with her, I left the country to go off on my GAP year.

Anyway, feel free to PM me. And keep posting on here. I'm sure that in some way it helps. For me typing on here, whilst far less scary than telling someone in *real* life, serves as a way to get things out, to share problems and all that.

Take Care Poppet :)
  • Options
    really she should have asked for you to see a different counsellor being that she knew your mum. Counsellors arent supposed to counsell people they know, even indirectly like that.