Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Morning After Pill question...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Did anyone miss a period after taking the M.a.p? I'm a month late now, I did a test but it was negative and all I can think of that might be effecting it is the fact that I took the m.a.p about 6 or 7 weeks ago :confused:

Comments

• Options
    I don't think i missed mine when i took it but it did fuck around with my periods. Think i had mine a little late.
    Its quite possible that is the reason. Maybe a trip to the docs if you nothing happens soon?
  • Options
    The MAP has made mine come super-early, although I did take it twice in the space of 5 days so no wonder it's wreaked havoc on my body!

I read in the leaflet which came with mine that if your period was over 5 days late you were supposed to go to the doctor, though.
  • Options
    I found this on the fpa website:

"How will emergency pills affect my period?
    Your period may come earlier than expected or it may be up to a week late. Mostly, it comes within a few days of when you would expect it. You may experience some irregular bleeding between taking the emergency pills and getting your next period. This can range from spotting to being quite heavy."

If you're a month late it's probably best to visit your GP, just to be sure.

:)
  • Options
    I got it a couple of weeks ago and the pharmasist(sp) told me it was normal for my period to be late and not to worry.

The leaflet says if it is late then go to your GP, which is probably your best bet as it will put your mind at ease if nothing else.
  • Options
    Hmmm I really should go o a GP....except I don't have one. And I would go back to the Family Planning but they're only open Friday mornings and I have to work! So that's a bit crap. Mine's now 7 weeks late which seems quite a bit longer than normal! :/
  • Options
    Sorry to hijack this thread but I have a MAP/pill question too. I just decided to go back on the pill and you're supposed to take it on the first day of your period, but I had just taken the MAP so I started bleeding quite early. I don't know if this was just 'spotting' or a proper period because it stopped after a couple of days, but I decided to start taking the pill on that day just to be sure. When will I be protected? I'm confused!

Sorry Faith! I think you should probably get yourself down to a doctor. Is there a walk-in clinic anywhere near you where you can speak to someone?
  • Options
    Faith, why don`t you have a GP?

Sorry if that`s nosey.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    Sorry to hijack this thread but I have a MAP/pill question too. I just decided to go back on the pill and you're supposed to take it on the first day of your period, but I had just taken the MAP so I started bleeding quite early. I don't know if this was just 'spotting' or a proper period because it stopped after a couple of days, but I decided to start taking the pill on that day just to be sure. When will I be protected? I'm confused!

I took mine mid cycle & doc said 2 weeks time it works.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Faith, why don`t you have a GP?

Sorry if that`s nosey.

I had to register with a GP up in Surrey when I went to Uni up there, then when I came back I never bothered to regsiter with another GP down here. I've been back almost 2 years and have never needed to go to the doctor til now! I know I could register but I'm moving next month so I may aswell wait til then now.

The only reason I'm actually bothered is because I wanna start taking the pill but I can't til the first day of my period! or can I just start taking it?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    The only reason I'm actually bothered is because I wanna start taking the pill but I can't til the first day of my period! or can I just start taking it?!

you can start taking your pill on any day of your cycle, but if it's not the first day of your period, you're not protected straight away. if you start mid-cycle, i don't think you're preotected for the first month, but don't quote me on that. it could just be a week.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    you can start taking your pill on any day of your cycle, but if it's not the first day of your period, you're not protected straight away. if you start mid-cycle, i don't think you're preotected for the first month, but don't quote me on that. it could just be a week.

Hmmm....I have no idea where in my cycle I am since I'm 7 weeks late....:confused: Maybe I'll just start taking it now and carry on using other protection for a month, otherwise I might be waiting ages.....:chin:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    Maybe I'll just start taking it now and carry on using other protection for a month, otherwise I might be waiting ages.....:chin:

i reckon that'd be fine.

a month would be plently long enough to rule out any pesky ovulation.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i reckon that'd be fine.

a month would be plently long enough to rule out any pesky ovulation.

My nursey friend has just said the same thing so I think I shall do that. Thankyou as always :)
  • Options
    I guess that answers my question too then. Thanks everyone. A month, though... that's a mighty long time to wait and I don't trust condoms anymore!
  • Options
    I take it i am talking to myself then?
  • Options
    faith, are you not worried that the MAP might not have worked?

as far as the doctor goes, you can get a temporary one since you are registered somewhere else. when i go to the doctors at home where im not registered anymore i just fill in a form each time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    faith, are you not worried that the MAP might not have worked?

No cos like I said I've done a test and it was negative.

Tweety wasn't ignoring you hun, it's just that since I've not had one at all for 7 weeks i thought it'd be better to be safe than sorry and wait a whole month rather than a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    I take it i am talking to myself then?

Looks like it :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Looks like it :p

Story of my life :p.
  • Options