Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Adhesive bras

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I did a search on this topic but didn't find a whole lot.

I've got a prom coming up in August and I've found the perfect dress. The problem is it has a V-shaped back that is like criss-crossed with string, so I can't wear a regular bra with it. I've tried one of those bras with clear straps, but found it *really* uncomfortable and the straps were all glaringly obvious.

I can possibly wear the dress without a bra if it comes to that, but I'm a 36 D and I don't want my boobs to look saggy :confused:

Can anyone reccomend any good adhesive bras, I would like something that is going to give me a little bit of lift if possible and of course it has to go up to a D cup.

If anyone has tried these bras in the past, how did you find them and do you think they would be suitable for someone with my bra size? :confused::confused:

Comments

• Options
    you can get vras that criss cross at the back. has your dress got thin straps?
  • Options
    Yeah it has, I don't think I explained it very well the straps are like normal thin straps that go from front to back, but then on the back of the dress it goes down in a "V" with string bits crissed-crossed down the middle, kind of like a corset?
  • Options
    i bought an adhesive bra. was shit! the thing didnt stick properly.
  • Options
    Has the dress got any built in support?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    i bought an adhesive bra. was shit! the thing didnt stick properly.

Same here. Unfortunately i have to wear one or my prom thing cuz my dress is a V shap at the back aswell :(
  • Options
    try using toupee (sp?) tape with and adhesive bra, have a practice and wear it for a day before hand, see how it feels.
  • Options
    Doesn't sound very good :( The dress doesn't really have any built in support, it is quite tight around the top so my boobs don't bounce around horribly or anything, but it just would have been nice if I could have worn something to give them a bit of uplift.
  • Options
    I have one which was really good at the time, stuck down, no problems was £20 and didn't move an inch all night. Waste of money tho since I got it when I was 15 and only a C cup...only ever worn it once :( I think they still sell them in La Senza tho - dream shapes or something. You only get three sets of tape though, you have to buy more. Comes in white black and nude AFAIK but only goes up to a D cup.