Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

plz help me get through to the right people!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i am sorry if i have this in the wrong forum but i need a bit of help...

my partner has just recently been hospitalised with really serious food poisioning. She had a chinese takeaway and she went quite ill and it went to the point where she got into so much pain and that she passed out because of the pain. i need to know who do i get in touch with to make this complaint official.

I have also recently discovered that the people who run this restuarant-take awy have been shut down before because they have had the same problems in there old town of business.

I would be very greatful if someone could point me in the right direction.

thank you

jay :)

Comments

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your partner and I hope she gets better soon. Ive been searching some sites to try and find some information, this is the best I could find, I hope it helps.

If you fall ill after eating a meal tell your local Environmental Health Officer who could investigate and prosecute if necessary under the food hygiene laws. You can also claim compensation from the restaurant if you can prove that your illness was due to their food. You'd be entitled to claim for the pain, suffering, loss of earnings (if you had to stay off work) and any other expenses that you'd been put to as a direct result of eating the meal.

All I could suggest is ringing up your council and asking for the number of your Environmental Health Officer, and then talking to them. Hopefully they will investigate it and sort it out, and maybe your partner will be able to get some compensation.
  • Options
    HIya
    Yeah, I'd agree - I got his statement from this site:
    http://www.medicdirect.co.uk/diet/default.ihtml?step=4&pid=2293

"Why is it important to report food poisoning?
    If you think your illness has been caused by food from a restaurant or other food business, the local environmental health department needs to know so it can investigate the business in question. If the environmental health officers find a problem with the business's food hygiene practices, and get the business to improve them, this could help prevent other people suffering from food poisoning."
  • Options
    Cheers...

thank you very much for your help i am most greatful for the advice. i will be making the complaint first thing monday morning cheers peeps :):):)