Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

feeling kinda....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
okay... this is kinda worrying me, but i'm not sure if i'm being paranoid.

yesterday, I went out for a drink with a friend, n we were chatting, n the bar was pretty hot, n i jus kinda blacked out. I didn't loose conciousness, but i could hardly stand n my hearing went funny, I couldn't make out sounds, all I could hear was noise, and I couldn't see properly, like when u get can't quite get reception on the tv... and things are like hazy?

my friend took me to the toilets, (it was quieter n cooler there) n got me a glass of water... then I was fine, but a bit like shakey and incredibley hot. it went in like 5 minutes, but I felt awful while i was having it...

the thing is, that normally, i'm never ill. i've never fainted, or blacked out, or had panic attacks (not that I was worried about anything in particular) or experienced anything like that before.

so should I go to the doctors or jus wait n see if it happens again? has anyone ever had anything like this??

:confused:

Comments

• Options
    what i'd do is make an appointment to see a doctor in a few days and see how you are in those days. you can always cancel it if you feel fine.

it is quite common for people to faint or have a funny turn if they get a bit too hot, but i know i'd just want to make sure.
  • Options
    was it around the time of you period?
    ive blacked out when ive been too hot before, nothing to worry about. infact ive actually lost consciousness quite a number of times and even been taken to hospital and not once has anyone found anything wrong with me.
  • Options
    Your best getting a doctors opinion, just to put your mind at ease. Yes it could be nothing, but at least if you see a doctor you'll know for sure. :)
  • Options
    i do that if i stand up for too long, been like it for years and im not dead yet
  • Options
    if you are worried go to the doctors, dont worry, you wont be wasting your time. If you aren't worried then go to the docs if it happens again
    x
  • Options
    exact same thing's happened to me before in same sorta situation you described. combination of hotness and alcohol did it for me.

can't remember it now but ring the NHS helpline and see what they have to say about it.
  • Options
    Blacking out can suddenly come on for so many reasons. Like the others have suggested, it scould be related to your mentstrual cycle or it could just be a reaction to the heat/ atmosphere. However, any sudden change in how your body works should be checked out, just in case. Make an appoinment with your GP to get things checked out.

Here's the number for NHS Direct:
    NHS Direct
    Advice and information on all health-related issues.
    Telephone: 0845 46 47

:)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I have something similar, it happens when I stand up abruptly sometimes or when I stretch if standing. I think it has something to do with the flow of blood to the head, but I haven't been to a doctor about it, although I might someday. I've had it for 8 years or something.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    i do that if i stand up for too long, been like it for years and im not dead yet

Me too! Only not that extreme, I try to move about a bit and it eases off. In my cases I think it's linked to my poor circulation. However, i also got a bit like that in a bar a few weeks ago. It wasn't that full, but I was wearing trainers and everything seemed so much bigger than me (hell, the friend I was with was a foot and 2 ins bigger than me) so I think it was claustrophobia. Had to keep going to the toilets to calm down.
  • Options
    I'd go to the doctors and just get it checkd. Chances are its just the mixture of drink and being too hot :)
  • Options
    I know exatly what you mean, not very helpful cause i dont have a clue why it happens but whenever my vision returns and my hearing comes back i always break out in a cold sweat