Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

weight and stuff

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i used to exercizse every so often and eat okish. i wasn't in the greatest of shape, so i decided to change that. for about 2 months or so now i have made a consious effort to change. i've eaten better and exercised. the exercising didn't come till a bit later though. at first i was satisified. i had lost a bit of weight, but no inches. now recently i still eat properly and less and exercise 30 min. cardio and about 20 min of more toning type things. however i have gained all my weight back. i know muscle weighs more than fat so i tried not to think about the weight gain like that, but i've not lost any inches anywhere at all either. am i doing something wrong? why does weight loss and thinning down seem to be absoutly impossible? i know its only been a couple months, but i was hoping for at least a little tiny bit of results.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    maybe it is your body's way of telling you that the weight you are at now is the one it is most happiest at.
    you are right that muscle is more dense than fat so try not to weigh yourself, have you noticed that your muscles are now more toned? have you tried switching the type of cardio youre doing, so say from running to swimming?
    also maybe you are not eating enough so your body is going into starvation mode and trying to cling hold of the fat to keep you alive?