Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Dad's secret shagging

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My Dad is secretly having an affair, except its not so secret because Ive found out. I dont know what to do, I dont want to tell my Mom because...well, divorce, the whole thing will be sooo messy and Im in my gcse year and ohgod! You know what I mean? I told him to stop the first time, and he swore he would, then i recently found its carried on. I cant believe anything he says anymore, and I really dont think he deserves another chance. Ive been cutting for 2 years, when I first found out, and Im really at my wits end. What can I do? (PLs dont say "tell your mom" its not that simple for me) PLEASE HELP!

**Tell me that you dont take that blade and drag it across ur skin and pray for the courage to press down...**

Comments

• Options
    Well the first thing I can think of to say is tell your mum! I do understand that is not easy though. I suggest that you go to your dad and talk about it, make sure that youve got your facts straight and tell HIM to go to your mum. Tell him how you feel, and make sure he's aware of your despair and need for something to be done.. Sorry not too helpful as I've never been in the situation exactly, but I know that youve got to talk to one of them before it affects you too badly.
  • Options
    im so sorry to hear about ur situation. i know what it feels like cuz i was in the same situation but with my mum.
    http://www.thesite.org/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000296.html

there is a link to another problem similar to urs. i hope it can help you. it also tells you what happened. Thats just one outcome though.

There's a girl in my mirror
    I wonder who she is
    Sometimes I think I know her
    Sometimes I really wish I did
  • Options
    shit man that really suxx i wish i cud help but i dunno what to say ((((fallen angel)))) yeh and as ppl hav sed so far i know its not easy to talk 2 them about it, but its what u gotta do whether it be sooner or later. and if ure cutting and want any help or advice on that then there are loads of posts on it in the health thingy. stay safe and keep in touch xxx
  • Options
    god, i dunno wot 2 say, i know wot id do though, 4 a start i wouldnt even b talkin 2 him 4 doin that 2 my mum and me & my bro, and yeah, i know its prob hard, but sum1's gonna have 2 let ur mum know, imagine when she finds out uve know all along, she'll prob hate ur dad, anf b unable 2 understand how u cud keep it from her.
    im feelin mad 4 u & ur poor mum.
    hope it gets sorted
    love Helen
  • Options
    I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to reply...Im goin to get my godmother envolved as its got to come out. I just..Im weak, confrontation was never my strong point. Anyway..Im having counselling at the moment so thats venting it, if anyones interested I;ll let you know what happens. Thank you, love to you all, xx

**Tell me that you dont take that blade and drag it across ur skin and pray for the courage to press down...**
  • Options
    hope it turns out ok 4 u,, im sure it will
  • Options
    When i was a little kid my dad had an affair with another woman, so my mom ended up finding out. They were gonna get a divorce, but they didnt until like 7 years later. and that wasnt very cool at all...but back to your problem, you should tell your dad that if he does it ne more that you'll tell you mom about it. I know it doesnt sound very easy but try it.