Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Peeing lots!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hmmm....this is kinda getting a bit silly now, so i thought i would post a thread to get some advice. I need to pee all the bloody time!! For example, today i went 5 times in an hour and a quarter!! Its not even i just feel like a need to go and nothing happens.

I drink quite a bit (juices and that) but not that much imo, but what i do drink just seems to go straight through me, as it were. Ive always been one for rushing to the bathroom, but over the past week it has just got too silly, impractical and annoying...going multiple times per hour...and i was wondering about seeing a doctor about it...it can get kinda sore, you know that feeling when youre DYING to go? its like that (x5 times per hour) :(

Im definately not pregnant, in case anyone suggests that, but my boyfriend thinks i might be diabetic (for other reasons also)

any thoughts would be great... thankx :)

Comments

• Options
    i run to the toilet all the time too, even in the middle of the night! its annoying but what can ya do. at least your kidneys are getting a good flushing out
  • Options
    Re: Peeing lots!
    Originally posted by draven
    but my boyfriend thinks i might be diabetic (for other reasons also)

Go to the doc and mention whats being going on. If you are diabetic then its easy enough for them to do a test and find out.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd place my bets on the diabetic thing too.
  • Options
    Diabetes type 2 it sounds like, get it checked soon just to be on the safe side.

Do you drink a lot too? Drinking a lot can be another sign.

Hope things go well.
  • Options
    could also be something like cystitis. you don't always get many symptoms.

but yeah, doctor time.
  • Options
    hmmm...thankx people...ill maybe make an appointment. It isnt so bad today though...its kinda like one day on, one day off silliness :confused: now i feel stupid for worrying about it. Gah!

i hope i dont need a blood test, the thought of that is making me feel faint :nervous:
  • Options
    it could be diabetes, its a major symptom.
    ive got the same problem at the moment but i am diabetic and its not that. my kidney function is fine and i dont have an infection so hell knows what it is.

what other symptoms do you have?
  • Options
    Just wondering if you drink coca cola? Makes you pee heaps cause theres something in it? Plus I pee a lot of I think a lot. But not as much as 5x a hour.
  • Options
    Those were the psymptoms I had when I was diabetic. Though it wasn't that bad.

Some years previously (where I definitely wasn't a diabetic) I had the same thing though. All psychological. I just feared that I'd pee in my pants (I don't know why, as it wasn't something I did), and would therefore trick myself to thinking i needed to pee, and I did.

As someone says it could be cystitis. Best to get a check up dear.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    i got that from taking roacuttane...maybe if your on some medicine it might do that...but thankfully mine has sorted itself now *sigh*

good luck on the diabetes test
  • Options
    well...im not on any medication and i dont drink coke. Yesterday i pee-ed 5 times between 730 and 9 am (hehe...i only know that cos thats when i got up to when i started class) but today im fine again :confused:

stoopid body!

see...if i go to doctor on a day like today, when im fine, wont they just think im being silly and overreacting?
  • Options
    No im sure they wont think your over reacting. Just checking. No harm caused an it will give you peace of mind.
    Go if you think its necessary. I know I can pee a lot if I drink a lot.