Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Stress

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know if this post is in the right place, I'm sure it'll be moved if it isn't...

Anyway, I've been under major stress recently and am finding it almost impossible to cope, sometimes I feel like I'm just gonna give up and also, I'm putting my boyfriend under a lot of pressure by breaking down while I'm with him, I just don't think it's fair on him. I have problems with sleep as well, which doesn't help.

Just wondering if anyone has any good ideas for stress release as I desperately need some...

Any suggestions would be good

Comments

• Options
    If you have stress then obviously you have some problems somewhere along the lines or something is bothering you, so get to the root of your problem and maybe the stress will go ?
  • Options
    I know what my problems are but they're not gonna go away so therefore, will the stress not go either?
  • Options
    Try an energetic sport like karate or kickboxing. I found karate was good for stress relief.
  • Options
    well then if you are absoutly certian that these problems aren't going to go away, the only thing there is to do is to learn to deal and cope with the problems first. because apperantly since they aren't going to go away they will be there forever.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Madgal99
    I know what my problems are but they're not gonna go away so therefore, will the stress not go either?

Probably not because if you have a problem and you cant solve it then the problem keeps ticking round in your head.......if you know what I mean. Well mine do anyway, so its easier to try and sort the problem and then things get better, surely?
  • Options
    Yeah I've tried exercise and it works to an extent but sometimes I just feel like I'm gonna burst...
  • Options
    Probably not because if you have a problem and you cant solve it then the problem keeps ticking round in your head.......if you know what I mean. Well mine do anyway, so its easier to try and sort the problem and then things get better, surely?

Yeah I know what you mean but sorting a problem out is sometimes easier said than done.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Madgal99
    Yeah I know what you mean but sorting a problem out is sometimes easier said than done.

Well like Manda said your gonna have to try to cope and deal with the problem if its not gonna go away. Personally I think you need to try and sort the problem out, there is a solution to most problems, you just have to find it.
  • Options
    Well like Manda said your gonna have to try to cope and deal with the problem if its not gonna go away. Personally I think you need to try and sort the problem out, there is a solution to most problems, you just have to find it.

Some problems I can cope with and deal with but others I just can't find a way. Been through all the counselling and anti depressants stuff, didn't really help and now I just feel a bit desperate.
  • Options
    How long did you have counselling and anti depressants ? they dont work overnight you know and it can take many months to even start feeling any effect.
  • Options
    Yeah tell me about it, I had counselling for just over a year and was on anti depressants for about 7 months. I just didn't find they were doing anything for me, counselling definitely helped a bit but I can't go on having counselling for the rest of my life... can I :confused:
  • Options
    You can go on having counselling till you feel better in yourself. If it takes 2 years or 10 years then it doesnt matter. It depends on the problems you have had, your background and lots of stuff like that. Just because the 'average' Mr Joe Bloggs gets better in 7-12 months it dont mean we all do. If the counselling helped then go back and have some more........really thats what id suggest. Whilst your talking to your counsellor you are getting some of the stuff off your chest and just talking does help.
  • Options
    Yeah I know you're right, but since I've stopped having counselling, the place I was at was a child and family therapy place and as soon as I was 16, they said I'd have to go to adult services but the waiting list is 18 months and it's a bit of a long time to wait.
  • Options
    Oh dear, and theres nowhere else ? hopefully Kermit will be around at some point maybe he can point you in the right direction.
  • Options
    Nowhere that I know of. I'm seeing a psychologist just now, she's trying to find me somewhere to go but it's not looking very hopeful. In fact, I see her on Thursday to see if she's found anything out, hopefully she will have.
  • Options
    Hi there
    Take a read of our factsheet on stress here. Hopefully you'll find some useful tips to help you - at least in the short term.
    In terms of finding a counsellor, I hope your psychologist will be able to help you, if not you caould always try the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. They produce a directory of counselling resources throughout the UK.
    Telephone: 0870 4435252
    www.bacp.co.uk

There are some great organisations that may also be useful. Careline offers telephone counselling service for children, young people and adults on any issue, including relationships, depression, mental health, child abuse, bullying, rape and sexual assault, domestic violence, addictions, stress etc.
    Telephone: 020 8875 0500
    www.careline.org.uk

I really hope this helps.
    Take care

:)