Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

sore boobs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
in the past few days, my boobs have started to be really sore, they are very tender to the touch, and feel very heavy and uncomfortable when im not wearing my bra.

anyone know what could be causing this, its really getting me down. thankies.

Comments

• Options
    Is your period due?
  • Options
    Do you always wear a bra? Or do you let yourself loose?

I find if you don't wear a bra all the time when you should for support, it would make them sore and sensitive - especially your nipples against your top (material).

Though could be cause your close to your period as well like *lil~miss* said.
  • Options
    yes it is due in about a week, and although my boobs do get sore, usually its not as early as this, i was just gettin a wee bit worried.
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperdoll
    yes it is due in about a week, and although my boobs do get sore, usually its not as early as this, i was just gettin a wee bit worried.

im no expert but periods can get better and worse depending on a lot of factors like stress etc. are you on any type of contraceptive pill or hormone supplements/therapy/whatever they're called. if its just sore on one part it might be athletes nipple, or something. cant remember what its called! vaseline normally does the trick.

anyway, only advice i can offer to you is perhaps have a warm relaxing bath and destress, it always does me the world of good even if im ill with something else!
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperdoll

Nah, it should be prefectly normal - Mine would get tender sometimes round me period though not all the time -

Do you check yourself regularly? As in for lumps?
    Not saying it's got anything to do with it. Just to reassure yourself. if you don't find anything then you should be alright - Though if it really does concern you, no harm in getting checked out at the docs. Just to put your mind at ease if you feel you need to.
  • Options
    mine got like that when i was pregnant. It can be an early sign. Is there any possibility that could be the case?
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    mine got like that when i was pregnant. It can be an early sign. Is there any possibility that could be the case?

Yeah, same here.
  • Options

:crazyeyes: oh gawd. dont say that. as far as i know im not though
  • Options

My nipples got alot darker too along with the whole sensitivity factor. :(
  • Options
    It is probarly because your period is due, don't think you have anything to worry about.