Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Your worst comedown

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What has been your worst comedown ever. What caused it and how long did it take you to get over it.

Mine was when i went tidy weekender friday night i ended up gettin pissed, took mushies, ket, pills and speed. Yes i overdid it cause it was the first night.
Anyway cause of the speed i didnt get any sleep so i just lay in my bed, when i finally decided to get up i was in such a bad mood. I took a walk to town on my own and on the way i started crying?!? I was at such a low point, its like everything i thought was negative, i couldnt think of one poitive thing about my life and just thought that i'd probably end up some kind of drug addict living in the gutter.

Anyway took some pills that night which cheered me up and by sunday i was back to normal.

I must have used every last bit of seratonin on that friday nite binge - never want to experience such a low again

also i noted in my experience that mushrooms for me have a more severe comedown than anything else.

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Every time I take acid I get a proper head bake the next day.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I've never got a comedown from acid, I tend to get confused easily for the next couple of days but thats it.

My worst comedown? Erm that has to be when I last did coke, 3 and a half years ago, we cained a strong gram between three in about 40mins after a heavy night out. I came down and felt hands on my skin, very nasty, I havent touched the stuff since.
  • Options
    My worst one was from a night of pills, base and alcohol.

I didn't sleep the first night cos of all the speed. Well I'm not sure if I did sleep or if I just lead there with my eyes shut thinking weird thoughts. I got up the next morning, still feeling pretty wired but hungry, so I tried to eat a nutrigrain bar, which I couldn't chew, because 1. I had no saliva left and 2. because I had chewed my mouth to pieces the night before. I just kinda ambled around all day in a strange state, eating more base to keep me vaguely functioning. I went back out that night and did the same again, and stayed up all night talking rubbish and having very strange thoughts. By the next day, these weird thoughts had messed with my head I ended up going really paranoid and thinking that the walls were bending, I don't think I have ever felt so alone in my life, it was horrible.

I cut down on the pills and base after that, cos I don't like the comedown. I don't like the weird shit that comes into my head at 5am in the morning...so I try and be asleep by then these days!
  • Options
    mine would probably be at tidy weekender. way overdid it on the first night so stupidly decided to take more and mroe of whatever i could get to get fucked, gb, ket, pills, speed, weed. stupid i know, ah well, you live, you learn.
  • Options
    Probably when i went clubbing and ended up back at this drugs party with some girls round some guys house.... i was just necking pills constantly all night must of necked about 10 and was smoking a bit of draw and had a few lines of coke or speed i cant remember... By the morning i was all paranoid and kept asking does anyone want a cup of tea? every 2 minutes lol..

Went to the toilet and the whole room turned orange and i was watching these weird dancing hairs on the toilet seat at least i thought it was that! :crazyeyes

My skin went all orangey colour too i just looked and felt a complete mess i didnt know what the fuck i was saying or doing.

Got home and just laid in bed for 19 hours i barely even slept all through them hours either it was a fucking nightmare to say the least...
  • Options
    the time i took snowballs, lying in bed wide awake seeing all sorts of creepy freaky images, this lasted for 6 hours then a two day mild-strong paranoia trip
  • Options
    snowballs you say? do you mean the ones that was barrel shaped? i necked loads of them i thought they was fucking ace!

real nice MDMA buzz got quite loved up too.
  • Options
    Xmas 2001 - Jan 2002:

Got these pretty strong 007's and did 5 on boxing day and 4 the next night, felt awful, smoking draw all the way.

Grand finale came when i double-dropped 007's one lunch time.

I swear it took me 6 months to get over. For months i was severly depressed, paranoid and ever since that time i have gotten the fear (not just when i smoke draw or after heavy drinking, but even when im quite fine i'll just get seriously edgy and scared).

To be honest i wish i had taken them now rather than then because i think i would have been more sensible with my usage.
    I was always one of these people who just had bad comedowns off pills (mates of mine seem to do them all the time and not get that effected, but then i cant see inside their heads)

Went to HH last night and was SEVERELY tempted, but decided not to. Had a great time n e way and i feel great this morning!

NB: as we were leaving HH some lad was being strechered out at warp speed and the ambulance went red-lining it out of the Sanctuary. Really hope that guys ok
  • Options
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    I swear it took me 6 months to get over. For months i was severly depressed, paranoid and ever since that time i have gotten the fear (not just when i smoke draw or after heavy drinking, but even when im quite fine i'll just get seriously edgy and scared).

Did you find though when you was in that frame of mind you felt the urge to get high even more? just to escape that frame of mind i know i did.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Digital-Emotion
    snowballs you say? do you mean the ones that was barrel shaped? i necked loads of them i thought they was fucking ace!

real nice MDMA buzz got quite loved up too.

nah these had a drug called DOB in it and it took 3 hours to hit so you kept kept taking them, then the buzz hit you and you'd be having really bad trips for hours on end
  • Options
    actually i did start drinking more (until that started fucking with my head again!).

I think i've just got a fragile brain!:rolleyes: :mad: :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    nah these had a drug called DOB in it and it took 3 hours to hit so you kept kept taking them, then the buzz hit you and you'd be having really bad trips for hours on end

How did you know they were DOB might I ask?

It does appear in pills every now and then, but it is stupidly rare.

Trippy pills which are called 'snowballs' are much more likely to be MDA.

How long did the experience last?
  • Options
    i read in some news reprt that a batch of snowballs containing the drug DOB was shipped into Northern Ireland around the same time i got them, the actual efects lasted from 10pm-7am then after affects for 1-2 days
  • Options
    I dont mean to suggest that you didnt get DOB, because, how the hell would I know.

But the effects of oral DOB especially if you have taken a high dose, (how many did you take?) will last at the very least 12 hours solid, thats full on visions, colour changes, senses swaping over etc.

Unless it felt like you had taken a MASSIVE dose of acid for at least 12-14 hours then I would suggest it was MDA.

With DOB it will normally take 20 hours or so before your back to somewhere near baseline.
  • Options
    only one orally and i crumbleed half a one into my fingers and rubbed it round my gums, i'm not sure what it was but i don't want it again
  • Options
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir

Yeh ive kinda had that since tidy, its like after that binge and comedown the way i see certain things in the world have changed, i dont think im as happy go lucky anymore. I really believe now that taking drugs for so long has had a really bad effect on my psyche. Anyway i havent touched a thing since march and im planning to keep it that way, i think my mental health has become to fragile for it.
  • Options
    Im sorry to hear that

yeah give it a rest mate, before you make it any worse!

i got that, my moods changed and i got really bad mood swings of being euphorically happy and totally depresssed.

Regular exercise was one of the things my doctor recommended for helping my depression. It really helped me and i was much more relaxed and less agitated when i did exercise.:D
  • Options
    I feel exactly the same, I genuinely believe I have some kind of psychiatric fucking problem.

Do you think anyone will believe me though? Pfft, no chance!

I just bought a speed ball punch bag thing last night - the ones that hang down like a little ballooon.. should get me fit.. and I got me weights bench so hopefully get fitter again this year..

I quit smoking fags a week ago sunday, I been smoking since I was 10 on like 20-40/day but I've smoked 1 fag a day for the last 3 days apart from that nothing.. so it's going good..

I might even give weed a wide berth but really it's my drinking I want to stop! :(
  • Options
    Urgh.

I had a couple of pink love hearts a few months ago, with a few friends...as soon as they wore off everyone had nausea and someone projectile vomited. Throughout the comedown we all hallucinated alot and felt like death, personified.
    It was the most vile comedown Ive ever had and put me right off pills-for 4 months I had feckin' insomnia..

:(
  • Options
    Yesterday would rate quite highly on the fucking nasty comedown scale.

Bought two tabs of acid and was just planning on sitting around with a few mates and smoking weed, but we ended up going to this house party.

Dropped a tab before we went in and started to come up, had a few joints and a few cans of lager. Then, 'cos acid is like gold dust round these parts someone offered me about a 10 spot of MDMA powder for my last tab, so we cained that as well. :p Before some random bloke gave me a giant bomb of base.

Oh, and there was a shiteload of mushroom tea going around as well so we managed to blag about a trip's worth each of that too. :D

Stomping party, wanted to die the next day. :(
  • Options
    my worst come down was getting arrested while just comin up on the base and pills and being stuck in a skanky cell for the weekend. i felt like i wasnt in my own body for a couple of days and i was in a proper bad mood. never again am i gettin nicked while on class a's it ruins the buzz
  • Options
    hello everyone, havent been here in a long time. my worst come down was last friday, had some alcohol, quite abit of dope and some E's. saturday was fine because i was with my 2 friends smoking and drinking so i felt no after effects. come sunday fuckin hell my head was done in. severely depressed, crying and wanting to kill myself. the depression and crying still happened to me yesterday, even at college i breakdown but in the toilets where no one can see me of course:)
    to try and help the sadness ive worked out, stopped the alcohol, dope and E's because my mental health is really done in now. mind you im constantly craving for a high, not the drugs just being under the influence of something.