Home› Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

US General Suspended due to abuse

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3669331.stm

Can it get any worse in Iraq for the Americans?

The American Occuapation is certaintly an example on how not to win the hearts and minds of a nation of people!!!

The Iraq war will be looked back by historians in a 100 years time and it be seen as one of the biggest cockups since recorded history.

Also wouldnt America be the first people calling for blood if this was happening to there soliders!!

Comments

• Options
    We might have a film genre called Irak war films, just as the Vietnam ones...

Endless shelves of films about yanquis torturing and raping iraquis...
  • Options
    Welcome to liberated and torture-free Iraq, 2004:

1212124.jpg
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Welcome to liberated and torture-free Iraq, 2004:

1212124.jpg

Just to explain to people the photot - they've hooked up wires to this man and told him if he steps off the box he'll be electrocuted.

I saw the photos on the BBC Newson TV and they were sickening.

The soldiers .. including a woman .. have prisoners strip naked with a hook over their heads and are smiling into the camera, they've got other prisioners ahain naked and hooked simulating sex scenes whilst they give the camera the thumbs up.

where can we post some of these pic, .. people need to see the disgrace of it all
  • Options
    This sort of behaviour is disgusting and the people who did this should be proscuted as it is torture.

Which is something that the Americans and British claimed was one of the reasons we went and removed sadam! cos he was doing it to his own people. Now it is the coalition which is doing it for him!!!!

Here is part of the Genva Convention

http://www.hrweb.org/legal/cat.html#Article%202.2

Article 1
    For the purposes of this Convention, torture means any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him or a third person information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity. It does not include pain or suffering arising only from, inherent in or incidental to lawful sanctions.
  • Options
    And of course in years to come all such facts of our capacity for atrocious acts will be claimed by our hardliner militant friends as "conspiracy theories" and "fabrications" rather than having to confront the horrible truth of the face we are showing the majority of the world.

Our soldiers never killed babies nor cut off the ears of civilians whilst laughing and jeering. nah!

It call comes back to a simple principle which time and tide teach us all in different ways, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Welcome to the occupation!

(Also interesting to note that the US is now re-enlisting some of Hussein's former military command to "take control" of the contentious areas and selling it through the mainsteam media as "local Iraqis being given authority".) LOL.

Now isnt the utter hypocrisy of it all simply becoming unbearable?

http://www.independent-media.tv/item.cfm?fmedia_id=6898&fcategory_desc=Under%20Reported

And as if it can't get any more flagrantly obvious, we now have an open letter from more than 50 former UK ambassadors outlining the failures of this Middle Eastern policy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3660837.stm

Sooner or later people are going to have to wake up and smell the wholesale conniving amongst key interests and political players that all this is being driven by (as they say, truth can often be stranger than fiction and this is proving to be so).

We shall have to stay tuned...
  • Options
    This is absolutely F*****g disgusting. I am so angry and appaled.

What makes supposedy 'civilised' people behave this way?

I am used to seeing this kind of shit in my Amnesty newsletter and associating it with countries like China or the middle East.
    I will not be voting for Blair because he is associated with this shit!
  • Options
    Stupid, idiotic Americans.
    They think they are God's gift to the world, I wonder how the people like Thanatos are going to react to it?
    "dang, they deserve it, they're only I-rakis"
  • Options
    Does anyone still think the US went into Iraq with good intentions?
  • Options
    It shouldnt surprise you that you far too many still desperately cling to that delusion.

Media that refuses to actually investigate deeply to confirm and secure the truth in favour of matter of fact quotes from "unnamed officials";

"Indpendent" probes into 9/11 on both sides of the Atlantic which have refused to ask the truly pressing questions which could blow this entire charade wide open in a heartbeat and which are chaired by fellow career politicians tied to similar corporate interests as those who are under "investigation";

Refusals by our leaders to account for themselves publically by insisting on "closed door, non-transcripted" testimonies which have been thoroughly rehearsed beforehand rather than being forced to own up thoruhg difficult "on the spot" questions;

Continued revelations of the real intentions of Washington to establish a permanent military presence in the land they claimed to "liberating";

and on and on the roster of deceit and whitewash goes....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    They think they are God's gift to the world, I wonder how the people like Thanatos are going to react to it?

That's misguided, Whowhere.

The darlings of the British Army have been pulled up for systematic abuse in Iraq and elsewhere around the world, although this is glossed over by the major news networks. One Major in the British Army was suspended over allegations, as far as I am aware, and if anyone doubts what the British Army really is like then take a look at what's happening at Deepcut, and also at Marne Barracks in catterick, North Yorkshire.

If they can treat their own soldiers like that, I fail to see how they'll be fair and honest to the Iraqis.
  • Options
    words cannot express how disgusted I feel about it all. I cant believe how our country can remain shoulder to shoulder with America, with all the evidence of massive human rights violations mounting all the time, it makes me feel sick. We are now guilty by association, and who could blame the Iraqis for hating us even more than they already do now.
  • Options
    It's sickening, just a further example of how the army of the 'the leading nation in the free world' is just a bunch of gung-ho morons who get a kick out of killing. Disgusting.

But of course, its the American's, they can get away with breaking the Geneva Convention. Just look at Guantamo :rolleyes:
  • Options
    My football team, Bristol Rovers play Iraq in a friendly soon. I'm wondering what the Americans will do to them if we win...:eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere

You are so disconnected it's unbelievable.

It is fucking disgusting, and inhumane. And I really hope that the people behind the pictures and acts get exactly what they deserve.
    But the way you formulate yourself, is downright stupid. Just as so many of your views.
  • Options
    in case everyone has forgotten, although it was briefly mentioned, extremely similar photographs were found last year of iraq prisoners forced into sexual / torturous positions by british soliders.

Though this did not involve the even more reprehensible element of the torture being overseen by private contractors hired to conduct 'interogation' as in the US case - where the man responsible for raping a teenage prisoner cannot be prosecuted because he isn't military so they have no jurisdiction over him.

best of british
  • Options
    On TV yesterday they showed another terrible picture -

Some soldiers had given a sign to a young Iraqi boy (About 8 or 9) to hold while they stood behind him making thumbs up gestures with other kids. On the board was written something like 'This man just killed my father and slept with my sister'
    Obviously the boy had no idea what he was holding up. This is just sick but it always seems to be the case that when soldiers invade a country they rape, kill and torture.

People have been saying that the photographs and torture that took place were doubly degrading for Muslims but why does that even have to be stated. Surely making anyone stand on a box and have their genitals pointed at and photographed while people jeer would be degrading for anyone whatever their religion.

Bush said that this is not the way they do things in America!! Nope? what about Guantamo?