Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Just finished my exams...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As so, the end is near, and so I face, the final curtain.

Truer words have never been spoken folks, since at this particular point in time the curtains are closing on one part of my life and getting reading to open up on a new scene the composition of which I am currently unsure. My last exam was today, and I have now completed fours years of non-compulsory university education, and this is a rather difficult fact to get to grips with. No more studying, late nights, lectures, essays, deadlines, dissertations. All done. And since it has been such a large part of my life for 4 years, I now feel quite empty and 'lost' in a way. I don't need to study for another exam. In a way I am glad because now I can focus on the next stage, but in another I am already grieving for something I know will be lost forever. Doing postgraduate will only be a shadow of what undergrad was like, it's gonna be weird (that's if I get it). And if I don't, it'll be off to the big wide world and all its wonders. Very scary time of transition and change. Very scary.

Comments

• Options
    What are your plans for the future
  • Options
    I want to do a post grad and get into lecturing, but that's another 4 years work. Failing that, the RAF or maybe the police.