Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Jaffa Cakes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Cakes or biscuits?!

Who the fuck knows?!
________
Indianparadise Live
________
VAPORIZER

Comments

• Options
    Fucking stoners, get out of my shop. :o
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Fucking stoners, get out of my shop. :o

;D
    ________
    The Sanctuary of Truth Pattaya
    ________
    Kid Depakote
  • Options
    Jaffa cakes are cakes; legaly the definition is when its stale a biscuite goes soft and a cake goes hard, this is for VAT reasons. ie vat is charged on biscuits but not cakes.
  • Options
    So why do you get them in the biscuit section in the supermarket and not the bakery section with the rest of the cakes? :p
  • Options
    The same reason you get tomatoes in the veg not the fruit section.

customs took Jaffa cakes to court to get the 17.5% VAt off them saying they were biscuits, Jaffa cakes (or what ever the company is called ) argued that they were cakes and therefore exempt, so in the end the court said they was cakes,
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    So why do you get them in the biscuit section in the supermarket and not the bakery section with the rest of the cakes? :p

Fuck knows, alright?! Jesus, i hate you folk who go on about how it's always the supermarkets fault! It's fucking not, ok :mad: :mad:

One day soon i swear theres gonan be a revolt against you fuckers. We're have our way with yaaaaaaaaa's!

sorry :o
    ________
    Buy Cannabis Seeds
    ________
    Bubbler
  • Options
    Just changin the subject a tad....Does anyone remember the lemon and lime jaffa cakes, or it might just have been lime I cant remember, they were darlins :heart: but i aint seen em for years!!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    I had cakes for breakfast. Not jaffa cakes, they suck.

Oi, Jaffa Cakes do not suck.

I had a nice fattening bacon and sausage sandwich for breakfast, followed by a fattening fish butty for lunch!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    Not as much as Leeds United, I suppose. :p

Git :(

Mind you, I'm about to send off my application for next seasons season ticket :(
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i think jaffa cakes are biscuits tbh. now i want a jaffa cake :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    i hate you folk who go on about how it's always the supermarkets fault! It's fucking not, ok :mad: :mad:

Don't get me started on supermarkets. Why do they think it's acceptable to try and pawn off substandard fruit/veg/meat to the paying customer.

And why do they change things round all the time? The supermarket by me is for ever moving the bread to a different place or swapping the crisps over with the juice. :mad:

/rant
  • Options
    Definitely biscuits. They're too small to be cakes! And if you can eat more than one in one go and still remain polite and not greedy to everyone around you, they're biscuits. You couldn't do that with Belgian Buns, I tell you... more than one and you'd be disowned for being a fat old cow!
  • Options
    Don't get me started on supermarkets. Why do they think it's acceptable to try and pawn off substandard fruit/veg/meat to the paying customer.

And why do they change things round all the time? The supermarket by me is for ever moving the bread to a different place or swapping the crisps over with the juice. :mad:

/rant
  • Options

/rant

They move things around to stop you from getting in a content pattern of shopping so you have to walk past things you wouldn't normaly and possibly (and hopefully) end up buying more. Thats what my manager told me one time.

I've been at sainsburys four year now, only part time whilst at uni and I think if some of the ignorant ppl we get in had to sit there and take the crap we do off moaning types, they wouldn't moan anymore!

I work on customer services and as I did a degree in microbilogy I kinda know a bit about food micro's esp as I doin a msc in food safety-so i find it hilariuos when they come to me at customer services to return food and try to make things up. We have to be careful about returns now because some sicko actually contaminated some baby food and returned it-how bloody sick, if the food had been resold, imagine what could have happened

oh anyway I spammin so back to the Q-in the store they classed as a biscuit but IMO they are cakes. Is that true about the vat?
  • Options
    Re: Jaffa Cakes
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    Cakes or biscuits?!

Who the fuck knows?!
    This is one thing that pisses me off :mad:
    Jaffa cakes
    Their soft and spongey, not a fucking biscuit!! Look at the name god damn it!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jowolvo
    They move things around to stop you from getting in a content pattern of shopping so you have to walk past things you wouldn't normaly and possibly (and hopefully) end up buying more. Thats what my manager told me one time.

I've been at sainsburys four year now, only part time whilst at uni and I think if some of the ignorant ppl we get in had to sit there and take the crap we do off moaning types, they wouldn't moan anymore!

I work on customer services and as I did a degree in microbilogy I kinda know a bit about food micro's esp as I doin a msc in food safety-so i find it hilariuos when they come to me at customer services to return food and try to make things up. We have to be careful about returns now because some sicko actually contaminated some baby food and returned it-how bloody sick, if the food had been resold, imagine what could have happened

oh anyway I spammin so back to the Q-in the store they classed as a biscuit but IMO they are cakes. Is that true about the vat?

from a fellow supermarket worker - :thumb:

okay, sad...i know :p
  • Options
    FYI There are special edition Muller Yoghurts out. Jaffa Cake flavour. :yum::yum: and double :yum:
  • Options
    lucifer devil-hehe yeh I know sad but I always think same when I find someone who works at a supermarket too! Must be some kind of bond!lol:)
  • Options
    these are biscits for crying out loud

and they are bloody gorgeous if you ask me
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT

Mind you, I'm about to send off my application for next seasons season ticket :(
    alot cheaper this year aye?
  • Options
    wife = giant homemade jaffa cakes!
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

If you're seeing your wife as a giant jaffa cake, maybe it's time to put the bottle down.....
  • Options
    my mate sent a letter to Fox's and asked them. They sent one back explaining what they are and why

But i cant remember whether they said Cakes or Biscuits :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Infinite
    If you're seeing your wife as a giant jaffa cake, maybe it's time to put the bottle down.....
    nooo ...she tastes wonderful in my delusional state.
  • Options

i think i'd rather have a load of giant jaffa cakes than a woman anyway :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lemur
    i think i'd rather have a load of giant jaffa cakes than a woman anyway :D
    but both is ...well lets say there can be heaven on earth ...you CAN have your cake and it it too!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jowolvo
    lucifer devil-hehe yeh I know sad but I always think same when I find someone who works at a supermarket too! Must be some kind of bond!lol:)

i think us supermarket workers ought to get out more. :yes:
  • Options
    but both is ...well lets say there can be heaven on earth ...you CAN have your cake and it it too!

budum chh!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lemur
    budum chh!
    ?
  • Options
    ?

it was a text rimshot :yes: