Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Map co-ordinates

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know of a site where I can stick in map co-ordinates and it'll tell me where abouts in the world the co-ordinates are??

Comments

• Options
    No-one? I've tried googleising it but no joy.

I'll leave it overnight (I'm off home :wave: ) and hopefully someone will have come back with an answer. :)
  • Options
    Do you know vaguely where they are (country even?) and does it have any letters infront of it? eg just 30982763 or SN 30982763 ?

The problem with grid references is that they only refer to a specific map, so without knowing which that is I'm guessing it might be hard to do. I cant say Ive ever heard of a site like the one you want, though if its a british OS gr then streetmap.co.uk might help. Otherwise good luck!
  • Options
    does multimap do it? :confused:
  • Options
    Re: Map co-ordinates
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Anyone know of a site where I can stick in map co-ordinates and it'll tell me where abouts in the world the co-ordinates are??

On another mission? :razz:
  • Options
    Probably not map co ordinates, after all different maps have different co ordinates for the same place.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ShitDemon420
    Probably not map co ordinates, after all different maps have different co ordinates for the same place.

he might mean gps coordinates?
  • Options
    streetmap lets you put in the longitude and latitude i think
  • Options
    All I have is 37 57 65 N 77 8 44 W

If I google this it comes back with a few results mainly from Canada but I need an exact location. :mad: