Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Relatives You Aint seen in years

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm off to Canada on Saturday, last time I was there was about 4 years ago.

So going to see lots of relatives I haven't seen in ages.

It's the youngest ones I'm most looking forward to getting to know but also kinda of aprehensive about meeting them.

Anyone got any good long lost relative stories??

Comments

• Options
    for my g-dads birthday a couple of years back, my mum got all my family that emmigatrated to australia t come over, and well it was weird to say the elast cause my uncle is married to an aborigine lady and their son who was one year younger than me at time (he was 16) - was 6ft 4/5 and lookd like jonah lomu - VERY SCARY but good laugh other than him ripping us at our sport, still aint got to have a go at him for rugby world cup tho :p
  • Options
    cool story, ... my Dad's cousin married a Japanese woman so I have relatives in Japan!!!
  • Options
    I have a few relatives in Australia - I've met about 2 of them but they've had children who I've never met who have had children who I've never met. My Dad has about 12 brothers and sisters who have all grown up and had children who have had children. They pretty much all live down south and I doubt I'll ever meet them all! My step-dad also has about 12 brothers and sisters with kids who've had kids; so I've got a pretty big family.
  • Options
    despite it being only an hour and a half away, i have a second cousin in Brent Eleigh (near Lavenham, Suffolk) that i never knew i had until three years ago... Basically, her mum and my nan, who were sisters in case you can't work it out, had a massive argument and didn't speak for something like 20 years. Eventually her mum died, and my mum told my nan 'i am not taking you to her funeral, nor am i going myself, until sort all this nonsense out' and so my nan sorted everything out and we're all one big happy family again.
    so close, after so long apart.... we spend easter with her, she spends christmas with us, more presents and stuff, woo.... unfortunately she gets my bed at christmas cos she's 67 and i get the floor... but my nan can call her and tell her all about what the doctor said to her, which keeps my mum happy cos she gets bored after the 50th repetition...