Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My Granny...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Died last night, early hours of Monday morning. She had been unwell for a few days. She had lung cancer, Emphysemia and bronchitis. The doctor came out on Sunday and gave her a jag which put her ut of her pain for a while and give her a sleep. sio she died without pain, with dignity in her own bed at the grand old age of 76. Im glad in a weird sort of way as its the way she wanted. at least now she's with her son. I just thought I'd post this here to let you know. I hope you don't mind.

Jamie

Comments

• Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that sweetheart..*huggles*... you know where i am if and when you need to talk or anything..

She must have been a very lucky lady to get to 76! Not many do these days....I'm sure she's looking over you now...

Take care hunny xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Been there mate.

When mine went away, I was totally in a daze because I was there right to the end. You'll be feeling the same I think, I promise that in time, you'll be able to look back and cherish the memories that you had with your Granny.

Hang in there, buddy.
  • Options
    My condolences, may she rest in peace.
  • Options
    Thoughts are with ya mate.

My granddad died on my 12th birthday, and it felt like the worst thing ever. So i can definately sympathise.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Been there mate.

When mine went away, I was totally in a daze because I was there right to the end. You'll be feeling the same I think, I promise that in time, you'll be able to look back and cherish the memories that you had with your Granny.

Hang in there, buddy.

Yeah, we stayed on Sunday and my mum found her on Monday morning in her bed. I'm glad she's finally OK now but she's , was a big part of her close family's life.

Thanks to everyone. I'm just going to go to bed now. I feel tired and drained.
  • Options
    Awww. Sorry to hear about that. Lost my grandmother a couple of years ago, so know how it feels.
  • Options
    My dad died from lung cancer almost one year.

Im glad in a weird sort of way as its the way she wanted. at least now she's with her son.

It gave me comfort to know my dad is with my gramma now. :)

My father's dad died a couple months ago. It was hard to lose all of them but it's really nice to think about them all together again.
  • Options
    so sorry to hear that pal. x
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about that! :( *lots of hugs*
  • Options
    oh poor you, *hug*
    my grandad died last july, he had lung cancer, and heart problem and low blood pressure also so they couldnt treat it without affecting the other, and he went into hospital when hes blood pressure caused him to collapse, anyway the whole family who could get to see him saw him and before that we (me and my mum and her brother) were doing his gardne (excuse to see him) and i managed to have my 1st ever proper adult convo with him too like about my biological dad etc (i only recently found outi was a lovexchild wen my mum was getting divorced) , and saw him day beforte he died in hospital too, and he died in his sleep naturally of heart failure and they found him in morning (he was in recovery ward going to come home soon from his angina attack so they dont check on you too much) laying there dead looking asleep, so in a way we were all glad he went that way, not the cancer or anything killing him slowly so :) but me and my sister were 1st to find out and we had to go and tell my mum who was helping organise a carboot sale what had happened and she knew when we arrived what happened and broke down, that was only sad part :(
    just look forward to your life and make ur granny proud eh :)
  • Options
    i know how you feel dude, it's horrible when family or friends die. i remember when my best mate died 3 years ago tomorrow i think, i just couldn't belive he was gone for 2 years, i thought someone was playing a cruel joke until someone explained exatly what happened and i got very angry. i'm glad she died with her dignity still in tact, very few people do these days. and painlessly too...

*lots of hugs*

my condolences, to you and your family.....

*lots of love too*

talk to me on msn if you want, you have got my addy. i really do sympathise with you.
  • Options
    She's more comfortable this way. Free from pain, pet. :heart:

It's tough, but it's life. She'll appreciate you wanted things to be painless as possible and if it meant this, I'm sure she's as happy she went the way she did.

:)

x
  • Options
    sorry mate.

it's tough, at first, but after a while you'll be sort of glad, especially when they're in so much pain. and you think that if they had to go, at least they went peacefully.

hope you (+ family) are ok :)
  • Options
    I know how you feel mate, my nana died on the first of april. But im not sad anymore. Well i am in a way, because she's gone. But she's no longer in pain and she's with her husband and daughter now.
    I remember walking round to my mates house after she died and it was such a loverly sunny day, and i knew right then that she was better where she was. Everything around me was so beautifal and full of Joy (Joy was my nana's name) and i knew that everything was going to be ok. Since she left ive felt as if she's been watching over me and i have had more joy in my life now more than ive had in a long long time.
    I know this may sound weird, and i guess it is....but things will get better for you.

God bless.
  • Options
    best wishes and sympathy to you and your family.

and to you ~*stressed*~
  • Options
    sorry to hear that :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    I know how you feel Jazza bing, my grandad died yesterday morning and I love him to pieces, not coping with it very well *crys*

Hope you are ok xxx

sorry to hear of your loss also x
  • Options
    sorry to hear your news. my nana died of lung cancer last july, and although it was really sad as we were very close, it was a release for her, and it had got to the stage where she just wanted to go anyway, so I was pleased for her.
    Hope you feel better soon (((hugs)))
  • Options
    Thanks to you all. My family are all trying to get by but they'll need to get the funeral over with and then really greive. I dunno what to do, I need to stay strong for my mum so I don't want to let it all out just yet but I feel as if I don't do it now I never will. And things are just happening so fast, her funeral is on thursday and she only died on Monday. I just want to get this done with and try to get back to normal. It will be hard for Granda though, Granny was his life, but welll all help and get him by.

Im worried about my exams though, if I don't study I won't pass them and they start next week and every time I try to study I lose concentration. I just feel kinda messed up atm. But thanks for all your kind words, it means alot to me :)

jamie
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    Im worried about my exams though, if I don't study I won't pass them and they start next week and every time I try to study I lose concentration. I just feel kinda messed up atm.

jamie

As I already said, I'd be lying if I said I know how you feel. I'm feeeling quite bad because my best mate's dad died yesterday and we got on quite well. He's the closest person to me to ever die apart from my grandma last year, who lived 2000 miiles away and I met once.

She wouldn't want you to mess up your exams. So study and do it for her. :)

If I appear online on MSN, it means I'm there to talk to.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    Thanks to you all. My family are all trying to get by but they'll need to get the funeral over with and then really greive. I dunno what to do, I need to stay strong for my mum so I don't want to let it all out just yet but I feel as if I don't do it now I never will. And things are just happening so fast, her funeral is on thursday and she only died on Monday. I just want to get this done with and try to get back to normal. It will be hard for Granda though, Granny was his life, but welll all help and get him by.

Im worried about my exams though, if I don't study I won't pass them and they start next week and every time I try to study I lose concentration. I just feel kinda messed up atm. But thanks for all your kind words, it means alot to me :)

jamie

As i said earlier, im sorry to hear that hun.

When dad died last year, i stayed strong for mum, and although it was the best thing to do at the time, to hold all my emotions in, it's not helping me now... By all means stay strong infront of your mum, but make sure you have somewhere to let your feelings out. It will help you a lot.

Dont worry too much about exams. Ask your school about having special consideration for exams. It does mean the pressure isn't as much on you.
    You could do as doc said, and study and do your best in your exams. Do well for your gran. No matter what happens, she'll be there looking over you, making sure things don't go too badly for you...

*hugs*
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    She wouldn't want you to mess up your exams. So study and do it for her. :)

You're right, yanno. She told me to stick in.
    When dad died last year, i stayed strong for mum, and although it was the best thing to do at the time, to hold all my emotions in, it's not helping me now... By all means stay strong infront of your mum, but make sure you have somewhere to let your feelings out. It will help you a lot.

Yeah, it kinda helps to come on MSN and here and just type stuff. Im just glad you lot will put up with me.
  • Options
    Well I have said my bit on msn to you so you know i care and I am thinking of you and your family. Loads of love and hugs.Xx