Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Odd thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anybody here believe that you can feel more isolated being popular than having only a few friends?

Only recently I've thought of this, or perhaps it's more personal to me. I know too many people and always stop for a chat, but don't have that closeness I used to have with my small circle of friends as we've expanded. Or maybe it's because people are getting new jobs or moving on with their lives...

It just gets frustrating... how people are busy with relationships, or getting on with their lives and the close-ness isn't there anymore. We still see each other and new people come and join the circle, then leave again. Hrm... hard to explain...

But in a sense I feel isolated... I know so many people and meet up with them, go out all the time, but I don't feel like I have any close friends anymore... Because everybody's life is moving on and I feel in stasis. Of course I want them to be all happy and that... but who can you trust? People come to me for advice and help... but who do I go to?

If that translates to other people of course...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hmm, i definately know what you mean. Happens to me too. Blah. :(