Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fake tan.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was hoping to get a good fake tan done proffesionally for my senior ball because im like a milk bottle. I don't want to go in a sun bed cause they aren't suppose to be good for you. I could do it myself but I want it really good. How could I do this? Hmm you get spray or something done proffesionally? Plus anyone any idea about the cost. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    milk bottle looking is cool
  • Options
    St Tropez, prices range around full body-£25 upwards... you can just have like your top/bottem half done. - at a salon, or you can get the bottles and do it yourself at home.

im fair skined, and i tryed it just on my legs,but its really natural and doesnt make you look orange...or have a fake tan look or smell! :D

good luck!!

Sarah xxxx

edited for spelling.
  • Options
    Women with fake tan = :yuck:
  • Options
    Originally posted by luby
    milk bottle looking is cool

Milk bottle looking is not cool. It looks unhealthy and well, gross.

Getting it done professionally costs around 40 quid I think.

If you've never put it on yourself before, don't start with your senior ball. Trust me, I've seen far too many girls with streaky orange lines all over them 'cause they dunno what they're doing :razz:
  • Options
    Sunbed or nothing.
    I don't care what people say, applied fake tan looks unnatural and ugly.
  • Options
    Ooh yes, I was going to make a thread like this. If anyone has any info about spray on tan, such as what to wear etc, please share :) I'm planning on going sometime next week, it's £25 for one application or £30 for 2.
  • Options
    I saw someone that had had a spray done an it didn't look unnatral. I have seen the effects of badly done fake tan an the lovely oranges some of them make you go. I know that milk bottle colour aint brilliant but I don't think that I look ill rosie cheeks an not white white like paper milk what hehe so.
  • Options
    ehem...clicky ....ehem a website for girls (and some guys) to live and die by!
  • Options
    I look at the website if I know what it is.
  • Options
    I use tan secret and Ive never had a streak. When I ran out of it, I started getting my body professional done with sprayers. It costed around 80$$ (US) and took 2 hours but it was well worth it. :yes: If you want to go in a bed, it depends how much time you have till the dance, how tan you want to get, if your skin will tan well or burn. If you do have alot of time, and want to go tanning, go a little at a time. If you get burned, dont go for a bit. Make sure you put lotion on. I work at a tanning salon and alot of people burn from not starting out for a small time and not putting lotion on. To save yourself the wrinkles, just go get a professional spray tan.
  • Options
    *sigh* its everything you need to do your own St Tropez tan :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Heya thanks for the help. :) sorry if you were offended.
  • Options
    who needs fake tan when u have pure sunburn. ouchhhhhhhhh regretting my day off to sunbathe!! used cream as well!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    To save yourself the wrinkles, just go get a professional spray tan.

Shouldn't make it sound as if one automatically get a face with shitloads of wrinkles, from just getting near a sunbed. It's connected to genes. And if you're inclined to have them, then yes a sunbed will only make matters worse - but it takes years.
  • Options
    do stupid people still have the misconception that fake tan is orange? dears please get up to date, if you buy some good stuff like piz buin or st tropez and apply is correctly with gloves then it looks good. i'd rather be tanned than pale or looking forward to skin cancer and wrinkles because of sunbeds.
  • Options
    Originally posted by angel1886
    Heya thanks for the help. :) sorry if you were offended.

not offended just thought you may appreciate the link
  • Options
    Hi if you get it done proffesionally how much do you need to expose of yourself. I wouldn't want to go in a swim suit i can't.
  • Options
    Originally posted by angel1886
    Hi if you get it done proffesionally how much do you need to expose of yourself. I wouldn't want to go in a swim suit i can't.

There are a few kinds of ways they can do it. If you want to get the sprayer where its like a machine that just goes up and down. then you turn around. then it sprays up and down and your done. ive always gone nekkid in those because i dont want any lines. I dont know if it will ruin your swim suit if you wear one. If you are going to go to a place where a person actually has a sprayer in hand and sprays your skin. You dont have to get in a swim suit if you dont want. Just get the parts that are going to show, tanned. My friend got it done and how they sprayed it and did "shadowing" type of thing and it gave the elusion she had a six pack. It looked good. Its not as if your required to wear a swim suit or get nekkid.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Shouldn't make it sound as if one automatically get a face with shitloads of wrinkles, from just getting near a sunbed. It's connected to genes. And if you're inclined to have them, then yes a sunbed will only make matters worse - but it takes years.

theres also skin cancer to worry about!

Personally i would never go on a sunbed! for me its fake tan all the way!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Welshbabe*
    for me its fake tan all the way!

:yes: Better to be safe than sorry... :D
  • Options
    Hey Im going my fake tan done next month. It isn't spray one put one they apply with the gloves. St tropez. Im kinda worried about how much flesh I have to expose to get this done? What do they do wrap a towel round you?
  • Options
    false tan doesnt work on me :( me skin is too soft, it wont rub in my skin, it just slides over! :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    false tan doesnt work on me :( me skin is too soft, it wont rub in my skin, it just slides over! :(
    aww bless! ive never heard of that before.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Women with fake tan = :yuck:

Yes. I'd rather see a really pale girl than a tangerine queen.

It's really not that helpful telling not to bother at all, but it's what you want to do, so you might as well take the good advice people are offering.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    aww bless! ive never heard of that before.
    its a bloody nightmare I tell you! if i rub n rub it can go in my skin and looks good at night but the next day its streaks galore! so i make do with being pale, n i brush a bit of bronzer over me.
  • Options
    do stupid people still have the misconception that fake tan is orange?

:yes:

It is for pikeys who can't apply it properly but otherwise you can get it to look decent.

I've tried loads and the best I've found is fake tan wipes that are £1.50 for a packet of about 40 from Wilkinsons! I'm naturally very pale so any fake tan that's too strong just look ridiculous, but these are fab! You wipe them over your legs and it gradually tans over 3 hours, then you can top it up as much as you like to get a darker tan. Don't let the fact that they are from Wilkinsons put you off as they're really good and don't go at all orangey!
  • Options
    do stupid people still have the misconception that fake tan is orange?

No. It's seem to be yellow nowadays.
  • Options
    Ive been using a sunbed once a week for a few weeks now, started off at 4 minutes, then 6, now 8. Ive built up a nice light tan, once the summers underway then i wont bother with the sunbed, and I wont bother at all in the winter. As long as you do under 20 sessions a year then its supposed to be ok.
    My legs dont tan very easily so I sometimes put some self tan on them. A nice one is the body shop light/medium self tan. I think it looks really natural. I used some the other day and you cant see the difference between that and my real tan.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    :yes:

It is for pikeys who can't apply it properly but otherwise you can get it to look decent.

I've tried loads and the best I've found is fake tan wipes that are £1.50 for a packet of about 40 from Wilkinsons! I'm naturally very pale so any fake tan that's too strong just look ridiculous, but these are fab! You wipe them over your legs and it gradually tans over 3 hours, then you can top it up as much as you like to get a darker tan. Don't let the fact that they are from Wilkinsons put you off as they're really good and don't go at all orangey!
    ooo i saw them but my mate was like "are you really going to trust wilkinsons?". but im gona give them a try now, thanks :)
  • Options
    ooo i saw them but my mate was like "are you really going to trust wilkinsons?". but im gona give them a try now, thanks :)

Yeh give them a go :thumb: