Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Strapless bra

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hello!
im going strapless bra shopping tomorrow (saturday) and i was wondering if anyone has any advise on which shops to look in? my size is between a 34/36 D/DD depending on bra and time of month. the shops in the city i am going to are: M&S, Alders, Debenhams & BHS... the bra needs to go under my ball dress so it needs to be comfprtable but good suspension:D :rolleyes:
good and bad feedback is needed!

Comments

• Options
    I have a MULTIWAY bra from M + S, the straps can be removed, made into a halterneck, or it can be worn as a normal bra. It comes in all sizes.

It's also an idea to buy see through bra straps which you can wear for a bit of extra support.
  • Options
    do you have victoria secret? they have good strapless bras. nice priced too.
  • Options
    no we dont:(
    ive had gossard ones in the past but theyve been C cups, above C they change the design:(... i guess ill have to have a go at the other design ones!
  • Options
    Yeah good luck with it, I'm a 36 D and I've never been able to find a comfortable one that actually supports! I think you should find lots of different types in department stores, just try a few different styles on and see how it goes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by almost_innocent
    Yeah good luck with it, I'm a 36 D and I've never been able to find a comfortable one that actually supports! I think you should find lots of different types in department stores, just try a few different styles on and see how it goes.

i was actually sucessfull:D i found a wonderbra one, a 34D, and its nice and supporting:) have you tried this one before?
  • Options
    Originally posted by clara
    i was actually sucessfull:D i found a wonderbra one, a 34D, and its nice and supporting:) have you tried this one before?

strange, i got one from there (same size as you) and i thought it was horrible. it was all lumpy and had too much padding in that was non removable.
  • Options
    maybe it was a different type, because although mine has padding, it is removeable from the inner pocket things:)
  • Options
    maybe it was a different type, because although mine has padding, it is removeable from the inner pocket things:)

oh, i want one then. :(

i've never been able to find one that stays up and looks right. humph. :mad:
  • Options
  • Options
    i was actually sucessfull i found a wonderbra one, a 34D, and its nice and supporting have you tried this one before?

No I haven't tried that one, when I go to bluewater in a couple of weeks I will have a look around for it.
  • Options

where did you get it from?
  • Options
    im not sure what size they go up to... i got mine from allders in oxford, but im sure other large shops like house of fraiser do them. i tried looking on figleaves for it but i couldnt find it:(

anyway, i found the tag and the 2 numbers on the back of it are:
    5010158 218672 (bar code number)
    17180 (other number)

hope thats of some help!:)