Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

this whole wisdom teeth thing...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone else found that the get like abses'(SP) when there wisdom teeth come ... I have and it bloody hurts, i cant eat anything i have to chew as this little lump gets in between my back teeth and it hurts.....been to my doctor and he told me to see my dentist.
But anyone have any good pain reife? Had something simular?

Comments

• Options
    yeah, i got that a lot with my bottom wisdom teeth. the flaps of skin used to get infected, and it hurt like hell.

try bonjela, paracetamol, or gargling with TCP.
  • Options
    thank you Aunty Kaff:) Will try everything!
  • Options
    if nothing works, go see your dentist, cause you might need antibiotics or something.

i just try to avoid that at all costs cause of my irrational fear of dentists. gotta go see mine this afternoon :nervous:
  • Options
    awwww!!How did it go??

Mine seems to be calming down, but will see what its like on monday... not sure i wanna have them taken out :crazyeyes
  • Options
    worst dentist visit ever :(

i have to have them out. definitely 3 of them, maybe the fourth, depending what happens to it in the meantime.

but yeah, they've barely broken through the gum, so hospital, general anaesthetic, the works.

i am NOT a happy puppy.
  • Options
    awwww:( *big cuddles* got a feeling i may have to aswell, so your not alone....

*passes you a box of chocs!*
  • Options
    they only take them out if they really, really have to.

sadly mine are beyond help. because only a corner has broken through properly, and they've been that way for a couple of years, they're impossible to brush, and they're all totally decayed. yum. and i was pleading with the dentist, saying they don't hurt, and he just laughed a bit and said 'they will'. :(:(:(

he said if they'd come through more, they'd be able to have them out at the dentists, space gas and local anaesthetic styleee, which would be one thing.

but because of where they are, they'll have to put me to sleep, and cut through the gum and bone to get to them. how fucking horrid. and three at once? how will i eat?

gah.
  • Options
    ... eat jelly and ice cream? Soup?

*cuddles* you'll be fine, when do you have to go hun?
  • Options
    well, if i want them done for free, i'll have to go to the dental hospital, and apparently they have a 18 month - 2 year waiting list. i'll be skipped up ahead if they cause any horrific pain in the meantime.

but while they're symptom free i can look forward to 2 years of having them. joy.
  • Options
    :rolleyes: bloody dentists!!

Hope everything is ok in the end hunny... xxxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    they only take them out if they really, really have to.

sadly mine are beyond help. because only a corner has broken through properly, and they've been that way for a couple of years, they're impossible to brush, and they're all totally decayed. yum. and i was pleading with the dentist, saying they don't hurt, and he just laughed a bit and said 'they will'. :(:(:(

he said if they'd come through more, they'd be able to have them out at the dentists, space gas and local anaesthetic styleee, which would be one thing.

but because of where they are, they'll have to put me to sleep, and cut through the gum and bone to get to them. how fucking horrid. and three at once? how will i eat?

gah.
    ooops...mine are like that and he warned me a few years ago i might need them taking out as there isnt enouhg room for them :(