Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

dreams

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i dont know if this is the right place, but anyways. a while ago i used to have these dreams all the time that to me were horrible. they weren't some screwed up nightmare or anything like that, just regular dreams. but they all obviously dealt with the same situation. a situation best left forgot about. every time i'd have one i'd wake up in tears because of it. eventually the dreams stopped. but they've started up again.

this doesn't really make much sense at all or anything and i dont really know what i'm asking for. maybe does anybody know any ways to stop these horrible things?

Comments

• Options
    Re: dreams
    Originally posted by my_name
    i dont know if this is the right place, but anyways. a while ago i used to have these dreams all the time that to me were horrible. they weren't some screwed up nightmare or anything like that, just regular dreams. but they all obviously dealt with the same situation. a situation best left forgot about. every time i'd have one i'd wake up in tears because of it. eventually the dreams stopped. but they've started up again.

this doesn't really make much sense at all or anything and i dont really know what i'm asking for. maybe does anybody know any ways to stop these horrible things?

Mmm..I know what you mean I get a repeative dream all the time..

I don't think there is anyway of controling your dreams although I did hear somewhere about people being able to wake themselfs up.

I'm unsure.
  • Options
    Erm...was the dream some thing really visual and "normal" or something more obscure? If it was the latter, maybe you could look up the meaning in a book to rest your mind.

Im sure the situation in the dream is an unpleasant one, but im not convinced that forgetting about it is the solution. Maybe you need to come to terms with what is happening in the dream to allow yourself some closure from it.

Ive just looked up my dream book and it suggests keeping a diary of your dreams to allow you to understand them better. It also suggests "asking for another dream that will help you to understand" this one. Just asking yourself, internally. It could be worth a shot and it could make them stop. Furthermore the book says it is a good idea to argue with your dreams, especially if they are nightmares or bad dreams :angel:
  • Options
    are you taking any medication like SSRI's? Are you trying to give up somoking and keep the patch on while you sleep? Both of those can give very vivid dreams.

What you have are recurring dreams. They can offten mean that you are upset, have unsorted fealings, scared about something or even that you have been thinking about something that happened to you when you were younger.

The best way to stop them really is to deal with what ever is bothering you or even chaning certain medication if your on them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    are you taking any medication like SSRI's? Are you trying to give up somoking and keep the patch on while you sleep? Both of those can give very vivid dreams.

What you have are recurring dreams. They can offten mean that you are upset, have unsorted fealings, scared about something or even that you have been thinking about something that happened to you when you were younger.

The best way to stop them really is to deal with what ever is bothering you or even chaning certain medication if your on them.

thanks. :)
    i'm posotive its not the ssri drugs. long explination, but i am just pretty sure that has nothing to do with it. what it is, is that a while ago (but not too long ago, less than a year) this thing happened and on and off since then i've gotten patches of where i have these dreams. they deal mainly with the other person, but sometimes with the situation that happened or the outcome of it. but usually with the person. so what would be the best way to go about "dealing with it" or stuff.
  • Options
    i must be invisible :eek2:
  • Options
    (this is when luby goes all hippy and spiritual)

dreams, to me are often signs and signals but, you need to desipher them by using either your own mind ie if you were once attacked by a dog and a dog was in your dream but it was being friendly this maybe saying that you need to stop fighting a part of you. dreams are not about out side of you o other people as we cannot control them. also everything in your dream is part of you, the street, the dog, bla bla bla. or useing 2 or more dream dictionaries so you can get a clearer picture as each is written with the writers personal opinons, and experiances. i once had a dream that cheese was killing me, and bread was helping it. i then found out that i had candida meaning that eating wheat wasn't good for me), and i had a lactose intolerance, but only in cows milk, so i now tend not to eat much cheese and try and eat goats and sheeps cheese, which luckily here is very easy to get hold of.

hope this helps.......

Luby
  • Options
    Hmmmm, this is going to sound really patronising, but have you tried the good old more exercise and a glass of warm milk route?