Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Toothing?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040419/80/ere2v.html

just check out this story, lol have you/ would you ever use anonymous messaging to get some nookie from a random stranger on a train etc?

Comments

• Options
    No. Can't say I have/will
  • Options
    Strangelt I noticed the other day when I searched for other bluetooth devices on my train that there was a "xXxSarahxXx" and "TheDude" and a couple of others.

It could become quite popular as just a chat or pic service but unless I'm missing a software download or a setting, its a bit pointless as you need to know the connection password to the other phone (an agreed word that you both type in to connect the 2 phones!).
  • Options
    Sold my bluetooth phone and baught one without. I couldn't say I had any reason for having bluetooth at the time, but if I'd known about "toothing" then...
  • Options
    I gots to get me one of those phones :hyper:
  • Options
    How cheap is that?!:eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sir Cum
    It could become quite popular as just a chat or pic service but unless I'm missing a software download or a setting, its a bit pointless as you need to know the connection password to the other phone (an agreed word that you both type in to connect the 2 phones!).

You don't need to know the connection password because the phones aren't being connected together. You're only sending a business card via bluetooth, you're not connecting to the phone from the connectivity setting.

One thing i don't get though is all of these people find bluetooth devices wherever they are but doesn't the other person/s phone need to have the bluetooth switched on?
  • Options
    nah i fink if the device recieves a signal it turns itself on
  • Options
    Ive never done that but i had sex with a random once...wasnt very good. He flopped and then his mum came home and went mad that he had a girl in the house. She even counted down at him:lol:
  • Options
    Hey I got a new phone and it happens to have Bluetooth so took it out for the first time today onthe London underground and was I shocked!!

There's a fliping Bluetooth mobile everywhere on the trains, I don't actually know how to send anyone a message but you can do a search for other phones and in every single train there's someone with a bluetooth phone, I think most are just too dumb to switch their bluetooth on their phones off .. but it would be funny to send them a random message

I also found one of the games on my phone lets you play via bluetooth, that would be kinda fun playing against some random person on the train!!
  • Options
    I wonder if it's possible to add a bluetooth adaptor to the PC, and pick up signals from passers by in the street? And if it's possible to send them messages via bluetooth? Imagine the fun you could have with that. :D
  • Options
    Bluetooth is absolutly fantastic :D

I have it on my t610 and will always make sure when i buy anew phone it has bluetooth, for a start its convient, and simple to use.

The thing to remember is that when you find someone with bluetooth on if they have a nokia you wont be able to send them an actual message as most nokias cant accent notes as per the t610 can, where as you can send them a business card. i remember reading on a site of someone who did just this and the card said.... Get. a. sony ericsson. :lol:

I keep trying it everywhere i go, i did it in pizza hut once and the guy kept looking around very freaked out, was hilarious :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Richeh
    Bluetooth is absolutly fantastic :D

I have it on my t610 and will always make sure when i buy anew phone it has bluetooth, for a start its convient, and simple to use.

The thing to remember is that when you find someone with bluetooth on if they have a nokia you wont be able to send them an actual message as most nokias cant accent notes as per the t610 can, where as you can send them a business card. i remember reading on a site of someone who did just this and the card said.... Get. a. sony ericsson. :lol:

I keep trying it everywhere i go, i did it in pizza hut once and the guy kept looking around very freaked out, was hilarious :D

I couldn't figure out how to send anyone a message, whenever I tried to connect to another phone it asked for their password, I don't even know my own password let alone theirs.

I saw lots of people who simply have their mobile phone model like T610 or K700i, how can I make them jump outo f their seats by sending them a message? I'm guessng these are just people who can't be bothered to turn their BT off or don't know how to!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I couldn't figure out how to send anyone a message, whenever I tried to connect to another phone it asked for their password, I don't even know my own password let alone theirs.

I saw lots of people who simply have their mobile phone model like T610 or K700i, how can I make them jump outo f their seats by sending them a message? I'm guessng these are just people who can't be bothered to turn their BT off or don't know how to!!

yeh how do you sned messages via bluetooth
  • Options
    For the people who are saying people don't know how to turn there bluetooth off - I think, and I will stand corrected if i'm wrong, all Nokia phones bluetooth is on all the time and its not possible to turn it off, whereas other phones you have to turn it on to use it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    For the people who are saying people don't know how to turn there bluetooth off - I think, and I will stand corrected if i'm wrong, all Nokia phones bluetooth is on all the time and its not possible to turn it off, whereas other phones you have to turn it on to use it.

Surely not??

Having BT on all the time really eats into battery life
  • Options
    On the Nokia phones (at least the 6230) you can switch the bluetooth on and off as you want, you can send tones, pics and business cards, but not messages.
  • Options
    When it does work, you click the name of the phone you want to send a message to, call it k700I in this case, if you send a business card the phone will accept it no problem. As for sending messages, like notes Nokia's cant accept them and for other models that can, mainly SE's im unsure as to how it works because i've never encountered that before strangely :S
  • Options
    before i read this thread, and didnt know what toothing meant, i thought it was some sort of sexual act involving teeth and nether regions :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    before i read this thread, and didnt know what toothing meant, i thought it was some sort of sexual act involving teeth and nether regions :eek:

:lol: me too!
  • Options
    i)It's called bluejacking - using bluetooth to send anonymous messages to eachother. Unless there's some new fangled idea behind it, I shall refer to the process as bluejacking.

ii)Bluejacking is illegal.

iii)You can turn bluetooth on and off on a bluetooth enabled phone. You may also rename your phone and have an option to go into "invisible" mode where people can't see you have bluetooth enabled, even if you do.

iv)Bluetooth only works up to 10m. In answer to wobbles question, an adapter can enhance bluetooth up to 100m or so, however this only let's messages be sent from a phone to the computer. I'm not sure how you'd do it the other way round, maybe a phone management programme sending "contacts" to "yours" phone.

v)Nope, not done it to pick up strangers, however it's always fun to send little messages to your friends across the class saying "cheer up" or whatever.

vi)Yes, v contracts ii. STFU :p
  • Options
    Had dinner with a friend today and he had his bluetooth sony phone with him, we could see each other's phone but couldn't figure out how to send a message to each other even after adding his phoneto my list (password was 0000 - a default on sony phones)

I don't get how this message thing works. Do you need to download some java program? He had a Sony P900 and I have a T610.
  • Options
    I wish people wouldnt do this. Its very annoying when an old thead comes up and I find out i've already posted in it
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    I wish people wouldnt do this. Its very annoying when an old thead comes up and I find out i've already posted in it

Then don't post at all!! .. There your problem is solved. :)

What difference does it make?? If people started a new thread then others would complain it's duplication.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Xila

ii)Bluejacking is illegal.

[/B]

No it's not. It;s illegal to gain unauthorized access to a phone, like to download contacts, calander dates etc from a phone which is not yours via a bluetooth connection. This is known as 'bluesnarfing'.

1.1) By hacking a device you are commiting an offence under the computer misuse act 1990, which states it is an offence to obtain unauthorised access to any computer. changes in this law soon will cover all mobile devices including phones.
  • Options
    nokias cant send written messages but they can send pictures, so technically you could write something down take a picture of it, then send it as a picture.
    I was in one of those novelty shite apparently authentic irish bars thats run by people with aussi or south african accents; the other week and decided to play with my blue tooth.
    I happened to have a picture of one of my mates semi naked while raving his head of to some hardcore music, I decided it would be funny to send it to some random while he went for a wizz. When he came back half the bar was looking at him, he didnt understand why; which only added to funniness really.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    No it's not. It;s illegal to gain unauthorized access to a phone, like to download contacts, calander dates etc from a phone which is not yours via a bluetooth connection. This is known as 'bluesnarfing'.

1.1) By hacking a device you are commiting an offence under the computer misuse act 1990, which states it is an offence to obtain unauthorised access to any computer. changes in this law soon will cover all mobile devices including phones.

Woah, I was pretty sure it was illegal! Oh well, nice research mate :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by JustWondering
    Then don't post at all!! .. There your problem is solved. :)

What difference does it make?? If people started a new thread then others would complain it's duplication.

Shut it nub. Obviously they wouldnt because its not like we get 100's of threads about toothing like we do with things like "how did you loose your v.plate" "I've missed a pill and had sex with out a condom what should I do?"
  • Options
    To send messages, either use notes and send them via bt, or if the phones are incompatible as is the case sometimes you can use the appointment facility in the calendar.
  • Options
    lmao my gf has a bluetooth phone and we are in the pub when she got all these rude messages, but the thing is with bluetooth u cant tell who the person actually is lol