Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

kissing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
despite the usual complexity of the problems on here i have a odd question to ask...

peple say how good kisees are, no matter how good the kisser they are it NEVER does anything for me other than if it the person i really about

is it just i have no taste or am i bad kisser?

who knows but would you care?

i really dont see it as anything toher than showing someone you care about and getting close to them which you can quite happily do in public

Comments

• Options
    Its funny, but with sex your could describe what makes a good lover, but with kissing Iv thought its impossible to give anykind of instruction for, Remembering when I was younger and kissing some inexperenced girls and I could tell they didnt know what they were doing althrough i coudnt give any descriotion of why,
    I guess its more of a way of being in touch with someones emotions rather that anything specificaly physical.
  • Options
    yeh thats why i dont get the point of people going around pulling in clubs... sure if you may get sumin more, but some people jus do it for the sake of a snog which i really dont get:confused:
  • Options
    kisses are really nice but you only get the full effect of them if you're with someone you really like when they can be passionate and caring.
    although when you're getting to know someone lots of kissing is fun!
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    yeh thats why i dont get the point of people going around pulling in clubs... sure if you may get sumin more, but some people jus do it for the sake of a snog which i really dont get:confused:
    thats something i did loads although thankfully ive grown out of it. when i look back at it know it kinda grosses me out that i'd kiss so many people in a night.
    but thats what you do when you're young and the club scene is all new to you. you get swept along with the dancing, the drink and your friends and the boys coming onto you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy

but thats what you do when you're young and the club scene is all new to you. you get swept along with the dancing, the drink and your friends and the boys coming onto you.

Tell that to the old trollops round my way :D
  • Options
    Sex is like 70% mental for a female and 30% physical-
    Kissing is kind of the same,
    Even the lads will agree a kiss f some random stranger in a club is enjoyable but soon forgotten. Where as your first kiss with anew partner is special-
    like the film 50 first dates!
    Its technique you continously have to learn each new partner will kiss slightly differently
  • Options
    hmmm for me then it seems kissin is 100% mental thing then
    sex is different on the other hand, enjoyed in anyway whatsoever
  • Options
    I'm totally baffled by kissing as in I don't get it:eek2: Probably cause i'm new to it

I just believe that solely the connection of 2 pairs of lips{no hugging or anything else} is all in the mind & it's a connection of 2 peoples emotions/feels.
  • Options
    sometimes there can b nothing nicer than a kiss with a person u really like. i could kiss my guy for hours without getting tired of it... good foreplay too.
  • Options
    God, I LOVE kissing.

Especially with your other half - it's just much more enjoyable. You can do all sorts of kisses: soft brushing, nibbling kisses, rough, filthy kisses, small gentle pecks.

I think the most sexy kisses are the ones where you are just brushing against each other's lips softly, then you lean in for a proper kiss and you back away..AHH! I love that.

I dunno, it takes practice I suppose, but once you're with someone who makes it just as nice it's all worth the wait I reckon. :yes:
  • Options
    i used to love kissing with my ex, i really, really miss it.
    sometimes we'd kiss for ages, and i just wouldn't want to stop.

kissing her, and the thought of kissing her used to turn me on.

(thinking too much about it now, will end up with a sad face like Groovaybaby)
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    God, I LOVE kissing.

Especially with your other half - it's just much more enjoyable. You can do all sorts of kisses: soft brushing, nibbling kisses, rough, filthy kisses, small gentle pecks.

I think the most sexy kisses are the ones where you are just brushing against each other's lips softly, then you lean in for a proper kiss and you back away..AHH! I love that.

I dunno, it takes practice I suppose, but once you're with someone who makes it just as nice it's all worth the wait I reckon. :yes:

Ye I agree with you here, especially about the middle bit-
    Love that, its kinda playful and sexy at the same time.

But I always get carried away, So I either kinda brush her hair aside or hold her hand or something when I need to behave- otherwise

:naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve

But I always get carried away, So I either kinda brush her hair aside or hold her hand or something when I need to behave- otherwise

Oooh, mines does that too. He's got a cup ze face addiction.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crispy
    I'm totally baffled by kissing as in I don't get it:eek2: Probably cause i'm new to it

I just believe that solely the connection of 2 pairs of lips{no hugging or anything else} is all in the mind & it's a connection of 2 peoples emotions/feels.

yyep agreeeeeeee now jus hopin there a girl out there like dat :P
  • Options
    like the film 50 first dates!

that film's well good! :D
  • Options
    kissing is amazing!
    it makes me feel buzy!
    I love my boyfriend's kisses! they're so sexy!
    I'm so in love!
  • Options
    hmm i get the people saying "oh i love kissing my bf/gf"

but otherwise does it fo anything for you, even if it who i fancy does nothing
  • Options
    Kissing is gooood.... anyone who says otherwise just hasn't been in love, I reckon. If you're with a person you love you get that "I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but here" feeling and thats cool...

I agree with the getting hold of people in clubs thing - it is shit. I used to do it all the time when I was about 17 and they were some of the worst snogs I've ever had! Eeuurrgh... *cringe*

It does really help if you fancy the pants off the person you're with though... I was in love with my ex but we definitely lost the spark towards the end of our relationship and there was just nothing there when we kissed. At all.

My new blokie however... well thats a different story! I've been with him just over 6 months and we're still at that phase where we can't keep our hands off eachother. I'd liked him for ages when we got together and our first kiss was amazing - I'd never had anything like it and I think we were both a bit shocked!

Its still going very well though and one kiss from him and I just melt... tis good! :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    hmm i get the people saying "oh i love kissing my bf/gf"

but otherwise does it fo anything for you, even if it who i fancy does nothing

I'm not surprised- kissing someone you feel nothing for isn't worth anything. when its 'just a kiss' with 'just a person' then its just swapping saliva, so I'm not surprised that it doesn't do anything for you- it helps to be crazy about someone!
  • Options
    Oooh, mines does that too. He's got a cup ze face addiction.

And do you like it when he does that?
    Oh I love drifting down and nibblng on their neck to,can really get some of them going.
  • Options
    And do you like it when he does that?
    Oh I love drifting down and nibblng on their neck to,can really get some of them going.

Oooh, I love having my neck nibbled, and yar I like it when he cups my face, it's really tender and affectionate and just lovely. :D
  • Options
    Oooh, I love having my neck nibbled, and yar I like it when he cups my face, it's really tender and affectionate and just lovely. :D

So I am brilliant after all- :D

Or are you just agreeing with all all my techniques because you secretly crave me?:yeees:
    Sorry but I told you before im taken
  • Options
    Definately have to agree that the snogging in clubs thing is shite. I've tried explaining to friends why i'm just not bothered about pulling anymore but they're a bit younger than me and can't quite understand it.
    I can't dredge up excitement by pulling in clubs. I'd rather talk to someone/have a laugh and then at least if you like each other you get the flirty build up and the wait and then the kiss at the end is all the better for that.

I'm trying really hard to think of a way to explain why kissing is great and not in a turn on way but it's really difficult.

The look before you kiss is the bit i like best, when you it's about to happen and i brings you closer together.

*shrugs* probably me waffling bollocks though :)
  • Options
    It depends, 'coz some kisses are horrible. Like, I've kissed people before and its just soo wet and slobbery, it feels like ive just diped my head in a bucket. I agree that if your with a person you really like/love the kiss is going to be alot more meaninful and passionate. Although, Ive had really good passionate kisses with people I dont necessarily 'like'...it was just a really good kiss. At the end of the day, everyones different, and so everyones gonna want to be kissed in different ways.
  • Options
    I think a good kiss is as much to do with the couple and the circumstances.

The best kiss I've ever had was the drunken ironic tear filled one that my last girlfriend gave me a week before she dumped me! (There was so much raw emotion in it that I didn't understand at the time, but was totally electric.)

I think that experience has a lot to do with it. Just like all other things physical in a relationship you get learn how to kiss the other person in *just* the right way to make them melt.
  • Options
    i tend to find first kiss with a new guy is never the best.after a few attempts adapt to each other +all gets much better :)
    i love it when your with someone+everytime you see them you just want to be kissing them+holding them close in your arms *dreams*

*has craving to kiss someone*