Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

tinny taste

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone ever suffered a tinny taste in thier mouth thats lasted more than a day? if so do you know what caused it?

Comments

• Options
    yar although mine was quite explainable

*coughstoomuchtequilacoughs*
  • Options
    A somewhat strange metalic taste in the mouth can be a side effect of some prescription and non-prescription drugs.

I for example take Zopiclone for insomnia, this causes this metalic taste.

I spoke to a doctor friend of mine and he said it is because of the alcaline nature of the drug effecting your taste buds.

The best way to releave this is to take Pepto-Bismol, that goopy pink stuff for stomach upset.
    However, a large glass of milk or some chalk tablets seems to work too.

BUT, this might be totally different than what you are suffering from.
  • Options
    Some people say you can get a metalic taste in your mouth if you are pregnant...any chance you could be?
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    Some people say you can get a metalic taste in your mouth if you are pregnant...any chance you could be?

im on the pill but then its not 100%. dont think so though.
    ive got a funny feeling in my throat too, it started like a kinda fluttering low down and now i get that and the feeling i have a lump in my throat, you know like when your nervous?
    going to see if i can get a docs appointment tommorow.
  • Options
    I get that tinny taste someties, no idea what it is really, thought it might be my fillings.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    A somewhat strange metalic taste in the mouth can be a side effect of some prescription and non-prescription drugs.

This is probably true, was going to comment that I get a metallic taste in my mouth the day after going out and using chemicals.

Have you been prescribed anything new recently?
  • Options
    went to doc and she thinks it is an infection in my gums and gave me antibiotics, went to dentist and he said my gums are fine but gave me an antibiotic mouth wash.
    so fuck knows, im fed up with all this health shit. i always feel there is something up with me. i read too that a tinny taste can indicate kidny trouble and as im diabetic im really worried about it so the doc has arranged for tests since i dont go to the diabetic clinic for a while. she seems to think ill be ok but it will put my mind at rest.
    im sick of it all, sick of diabetes, i want rid of it. ive had it 16 years and i know its never going away but at times i get so frustated with it. its already fucked up my eyes and and if it fucked my kidneys i couldnt cope.
    sorry im just frustrated.
  • Options
    Hey Wee Wuman, sorry you're feeling so bad. I know having a chronic illness can be really frustrating. I have times when I feel like everything is going badly, but I normally manage to dig myself out of these feelings, it just takes time. If you could talk to someone it might help, although I'm a fine one to talk, I find it really hard talking to people about my arthritis. But sometimes you do just need to vent, shout as much as you like and feel really crappy! So feel free to talk to me about it, and be as angry as you want! Hope you feel a bit better soon, Tates x
  • Options
    thanks very much tates. its nice to know people do understand and sometimes feel the same.
    i know ill snap out of it, had a greet last night which took off a wee bit of pressure, im just so worried about my kidneys. i dont want my diabetes to affect them too.

im just a bit fed up of it all. sometimes but not all the time, it rules my life. right now i hate it and i wish i could just rip it out but sadly i cant.
    i get depressed about it, i comfort eat all the things i shouldnt and it doesnt help my diabetes so i get more down and its a vicous circle. i tell myself sometimes that i dont care, why should i, it doesnt matter what i do, im fucked anyway and i eat crap i know im not allowed but deep down i do care, its just hard at times.

oh fuck it!